Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dazn - This service will change everything. Would you pay it?

thisntaht

Dazn - This service will change everything. Would you pay it?

This service is going to change everything, Currently Sky's business model for TV is doomed to fail, It can't survive in its current model.
    Sky know this more than anyone else. They are missing out on millions every year because of CS and now IPTV streams of its channels, mainly sports channels.
    If you could stream all the premier league and la liga matches (and more) in 1080p with 5.1 surround for €9.99 a month, Would you pay it?
    I personally would pay it and I'm interested to know what people think too..
    Its only available in a few countries so far but like Netflix it will be rolled out eventually to most/all countries.
    The more countries, the more revenue.
    Code:
    http://www.performgroup.com/news-and-insights/perform-revolutionises-live-sports-with-launch-of-dazn/

Title
    Thanks
    Its a rights issue, The EPL will defend their rights aggressively. They will also sell them exclusively to the highest bidder. So unless DAZN or anyone else has the rights regardless of the platform they want us to view them on, it will be an illegal service.

My brother subscribes to a service on Kodi, and he gets all the games. He gets the service in NZ for all games - cant remember what its called, and lots of others. Still illegal, but somehow it works.

thisntaht
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post
    Its a rights issue, The EPL will defend their rights aggressively. They will also sell them exclusively to the highest bidder. So unless DAZN or anyone else has the rights regardless of the platform they want us to view them on, it will be an illegal service.

My brother subscribes to a service on Kodi, and he gets all the games. He gets the service in NZ for all games - cant remember what its called, and lots of others. Still illegal, but somehow it works.
    This is not an illegal service tho, This has to be priced to make people turn away from illegal streams and thats growing day by day. The game has completely changed. This is the Netflix of sports (or could be). Yes we can all view add-on in kodi and the like for mediocre to average streams of sports but this is the future and like when itunes first came out, its either get on board or be left behind.
    There is no point spending billions to buy the rights to the premier league when a majority of people will/are watching it for free or next to nothing on CS or Streams.
    This is the best way to get a massive revenue stream back. Whether they like it or not, their current business model is doomed to fail because of CS and IPTV, this is a very smart way to get people back to buying a subscription and at €9.99 for all sports in HD and 5.1 surround, it's a pretty good business model.

thisntaht
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    It's an interesting question, not because of what you ask, but because of the wider implications. Pay TV is broken, it's been broken for years. If they had any sense they'd change the way we buy and licence/own content to either a subscription model or a more joined up approach eg. go to the cinema and pay an extra £4 for the digital download on release as part of your ticket, they've tried with ultraviolet, but it's not getting traction because it's not as easy as it could be. At the moment you have a choice between 'free' and highly illegal where the quality/results can vary significantly or expensive and easy. For the last few years a middle ground has opened up where paid subscriptions to an unlicensed 3rd party who offer a better quality of service have become common. In some situations (ex Pat's for example) it's the only way you can stay connected to your home country. That said it's still illegal as someone found out this week.

https://torrentfreak.com/pipcu-raids...rested-160811/
    Very interesting, Unfortunately for the authorities this is a battle they can't win and the content owners know that, That's why this business model makes sense (or something similar to it).
    There has to be an incentive to move people away from watching TV via CS and/or illegal Streams and this is as good as anything so far.
    If there is no incentive for people to stop watching illegal streams then they won't. What the authorities are effectively trying to do is fight technology, It's futile and a battle they cannot win. A completely new business model is needed and it's being forced on content owners/providers because of new technologies. The game has changed and I think a full acceptance of this has being realised by the industry. I think there would be 10's of millions all over Europe who would sign up to this for €9.99 a month to watch all their sports legally in HD and 5.1 surround. Now that's some revenue.
    Last edited by thisntaht; 11-08-16 at 11:50.

Title
    Thanks
    Sky will just buy them and close it down as soon it gets too big or use their influence with the premier league to price them out of the market.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Except they look to be American and legal, so closing down not so easy thats what the Americans are good at
    So available here (Germany) so may give it a try, could also be useful on my upcoming 3 week holiday if it works outside Germany. VPN?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (11-08-16),Mr. Mister (11-08-16)

thisntaht
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So available here (Germany) so may give it a try, could also be useful on my upcoming 3 week holiday if it works outside Germany. VPN?
    Would you keep us posted as to what the service is like.. Quality, selection, user friendliness etc..
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    So far this has been an absolute waste of time about the only thing I can do is look at my Account details.

Constantly networking error on trying Livefeed "We have a problem at the moment, perhaps its your fault" - I paraphrase!!
    Under Ubuntu/Firefox Win10/Edge same issues.
    Posting an email to their support lacks support in Ubuntu, the Send button doesn't appear to do anything (but does actually send it) in Win10 you get a nice message!!
    IOS need Itunes German store but once installed, says I am Jailbroken (no longer true for last 2 years on this Ipad) but get same networking connection issues.

They have a Chat button which works, but the girl only spoke German, so transferred into German and was told I had to install Silverlight on Ubuntu (you can but I believe it doesn't work very well). Makes no difference in Win10 (its installed) but don,t work either so not trying to fix up Ubuntu with Silverlight/Pipelight.

So I think they need to fix a few things!!
    Waiting for responses to my emails!

So "Dazn - This service will change everything. Would you pay it? " ........ Not at the moment
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (12-08-16),Mr. Mister (12-08-16)

thisntaht
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So "Dazn - This service will change everything. Would you pay it? " ........ Not at the moment
    That doesn't sound good
    Alot of work needed so, Thanks for the feedback Twol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Sky keep paying the EPL stupid amount of money for footy rights to keep them a top player in DTH market

they pay more every time its renewal time and they dont even get 3pm kickoffs idiots and pass on the cost to all sky bill payers not just the ones who pay more for sports
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (12-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Sky can't get 3 pm kick offs they are not available in the uk as per football league rules, but they are definitely paying way over the odds as are bt

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gibbletts For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (12-08-16)