Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: sat and cable custom mix updater plugin (BETA)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

sat and cable custom mix updater plugin (BETA)

added to automatically download the lastest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml on reboot

Hi i have managed to create an ipk to install my latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml from my github branch what i would like is members to test it. What this will do is swap the none working sat hd channels for vm so you only need one set of sky bouquets using Autobouquetsmaker and would like members to test it to see if the ipk downloads ok.

This should work on any box and enigma2 image using AutoBouquetsMaker

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS BETA AND I WILL BE DOING MORE AMENDMENTS SO FOR NOW I WOULD LIKE THIS TO STAY SMALL SO NO POSTING ON OTHER FORUMS AND FACEBOOK GROUPS

ftp the ipk tmp

to install it on box

OpenATV
    Menu... setup... software management... install local extension
    memory/tmp
    Press ok on the package
    press green to install.

OpenVIX
    Menu > setup > VIX > Iplkg install or install loca extenrions
    memory/tmp
    Press ok on the package
    press green to install.

restart your box and it should automatically download the latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

you now should have a sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom.
    Every time you restart the box it will download the latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

now you need to set your bouquets
    menu>setup>service searching>Autobouquets maker> providers my recommended settings are:

sky roi: yes
    all other roi options to no
    sky uk: yes
    sky uk: area HD not custom or sd
    generate bouquets yes
    channel swap to yes
    virgin uk: yes
    virgin generate bouquets to no i have main bouquet to yes for epgrefresh
    Press green to save.

In autobouqetesmarker you need to go to providers order sat_282_sky_uk needs to be at the top highlight it and press blue button to move it up once done press green to save now you can press start scan.

If you decide this isn't for you just uninstall it from your plugins menu then ftp /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom and delete the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

I would like to thank wooshman for helping me with the plugin and jasper1974, abu baniaz and Rossi for providing the original custom file that Ive edited without these wonderful people i wouldn't have known where to start so thank you guys hopefully others can enjoy these edits

anyone who has experience with python is more than welcome to suggest any recommendations

18/02/2017 v2.9

Small bug fix to the the plugin when the plugin cant connect to github or no internet connection on boot the plugin will ignore it.

08?03/2017 Edit: Add v3.0 plugin for testing:
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 08-03-17 at 22:22.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bally12345 (07-02-17),Bangord30 (31-07-16),bomberbuckley (05-01-17),carlowen (05-08-16),danlou (12-08-16),dfox (30-07-16),duoduo (30-07-16),jamesp88 (30-01-17),jasper1974 (06-08-16),p5x (10-02-17),uscool (29-10-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Script

Small update on this I've managed to update a script to download the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file so you can run it using a crontimer to download weekly, daily, monthly etc

Unzip updatecustom.sh.zip and Ftp the updatecustom.sh to usr/scripts. Create the script folder if you haven't got one.

On box press
    Menu, setup, vix, scriptrunner green to start the script

Now we need to set a crontimer to run the script

Menu > Timers > CronTimers (you may be prompted to install 'busybox-cron' - install this - box will restart)

Add a Cron Timer by pressing the Green button

Run How Often ? - Daily
    Time To Execute Command Or Script - Whatever you prefer, I have 00:00
    Command Type - predefined
    In command to run you should see the updatecustom.sh
    Press green to save then check if it says start on autostart if not yellow to start and blue to autostart
    Now reboot box thats it it should download the custommix.xml daily
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 14-02-17 at 00:55. Reason: Copied script to post 2

Title
    Thanks
    Hi is this the list you give me on my post mate? Looks great but most time when i switch onto a HD channel my vu solo2 crashes with egg timer in top left...i then have to switch off at back and switch on then when it comes back on the HD works?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stevo88 For This Useful Post:

jamesp88 (30-01-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm not sure why your getting that issue maybe post in the vu section with your crash log and the xml file

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Using a Vu+Uno4k using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner with vix 6.4 developer image

Title
    Thanks
    thanks..problem is i dont get a crash log the box just freezes awith timer in corner then i have to manually reboot by switching off a back.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Looks good not tried it yet will this work with boxes up to 4 tuners say 2 sat and 2 cable

save her indoors screwing up recordings
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes it should work on most boxes using autobouqete marker with both sat and cable feeds

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

bomberbuckley (05-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    anyone who has experience with python is more than welcome to suggest any recommendations
    Not so easy without the source, but a decompile of the *.pyo files shows that the PluginDescriptor() call has
    Code:
    name='Name of plugin'
    You might want to make that
    Code:
    name=_('CustomUpdater')
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

dsayers (05-08-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    At the moment I have it as an hidden code so it doesn't show in plugins but does show in uninstall plugins to allow it to automatically download on boot. So the plugin descriptor doesn't matter on my last version i had it show in plugins so you could manually download it but it wouldn't automatically download because I don't know how to add menu's to add a configuration page.

Im thinking of reverting it back to a manual download option

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Ola1664 (14-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Works great for me on duo 2. I have altered one chanel that is HD on Vm that didn't swap in. 113- 264. I assume that when you update it will overwrite the file I have change.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What channel is it? Ive gone to 264 on epg and theres no 264 on epg

Edit sorry i see it I'll updates it on github and it should download it next time the box reboots
    Last edited by dsayers; 05-08-16 at 17:07.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for this il give it a try

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I have installed your ipk and ithe works fine onow install although it doesn't seem to up date on reboot. You said you would change the custom file for the 113 - 264 swap but it hasn't happened on mine.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Forces HD has been added to the swap have a look here
    https://github.com/davesayers2014/Au..._CustomMix.xml

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast