Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help: Only one tuner working

Title
    Thanks

Help: Only one tuner working

Hi all. Im a complete noob to all of this and apologies if this has been covered before.

I can only seem to get one tuner working on my box. I can watch channels and record but if I want to watch something else while recording all the other channels comes up 'Tune failed!'.

Tuner Setup as follows:

Tuner A BCM7335 (internal)(DVB-s2)
    Single
    Sats: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Tuner B BCM7335 (internal)(DVB-s2)
    Single
    Sats: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

If I change to Tuner A Not Configured, and keep Tuner B as it is, I can still watch everything, but instead of 'Tune failed' is says 'No free tuner' (obvious I know since i've only configured one. Tuner A doesn't have any signal at all in Signal Finder. I've footered with the cable connections a number of times, and even reverted to my original sky box to see what signal finder says there and it was all good for both tuners.

Any help appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There are three connections on the rear of the Twin. Sorry to ask, are you sure you are using the correct ones? Also, are the signal wires direct to LNB with nothing like switches/splitters in between?

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem. I have a single cable lnb, with a cable from the lnb to a 5 way splitter. from here, a cable is going to a 3 way splitter, and from there,1 cable in tuner 1 and 1 cable in tuner 2 in my TM box. so when i record 1 show, im not allowed to watch anything else. could this be, because of the splitter(s)?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielorum View Post
    I have the same problem. I have a single cable lnb, with a cable from the lnb to a 5 way splitter. from here, a cable is going to a 3 way splitter, and from there,1 cable in tuner 1 and 1 cable in tuner 2 in my TM box. so when i record 1 show, im not allowed to watch anything else. could this be, because of the splitter(s)?
    Yes, you simply can't easily split a conventional satellite feed. You either need a multi feed lnb like a twin or a quad or some expensive distribution hardware.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    That i do not understand. Here:

http://digitalt.tv/single-cable-satc...abler-fra-lnb/

it sais, that i can split the signal with a splitter, and i have an LNB from Canal digital.

This is translated from the page:

To install the Single Cable LNB ?

You mount the Single Cable LNB on the dish and pull antenna cable from this into the household, where it is most convenient for you to distribute the signal. It therefore depends on how many boxes you have provided and how they are positioned .

Have you for example need only supply a twin tuner PVR box with two signals, draws you naturally wired right up to this and puts the distributor here in twin tuner box . You connect then 2 short cables from the distributor to each of the box's two tuner inputs.

Do you have a more complex setup , for example . 4 boxes of 4 spaces , so it may be helpful to set up the distributor a place with the most optimal access to running cables to each room.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Well unicable is something different and something I have no experience with, so I can't help further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I solved it. The problem was a 3 splitter with only 1 of the outgoing connections with power pass. I replaced it with a 6 way splitter with power pass on all of them!