Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remote channel stream outside network

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Nobody is posting your IP address. It is a widget which returns IP address of person viewing the post. You only see your own one, it shows me my one.

Relax! You have closed the door by removing the port forward.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Please don't panic Grant. Only you can see the banner on my posts. No one else on the forum including me can see that information.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Nobody is posting your IP address. It is a widget which returns IP address of person viewing the post. You only see your own one, it shows me my one.

Relax! You have closed the door by removing the port forward.
    good to know, shows how much i know really
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Please don't panic Grant. Only you can see the banner on my posts. No one else on the forum including me can see that information.
    yes abu just explained the same thing but i presumed you knew my external ip as you posted first after i made that dumb post then my box was hacked
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok. No problem. Just carry on the good work. Just make sure you look into securing your box from outside your network. You can then view it till your hearts content.
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok. No problem. Just carry on the good work. Just make sure you look into securing your box from outside your network. You can then view it till your hearts content.
    cheers; although its not that good when people can get in; i guess i've just learnt from my mistakes once again;

i've just read the post for setting up ssh with public and private keys and anything is worth a god but it does look very confusing and i can't get putty as its not supported for mac; but i'll look into it a bit more

when i bought my box i just put a password on it via telnet; i thought that's all i needed for the security! wrong again lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On a Mac you can use the program called terminal.
    Edision OS MINI,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (22-07-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On a Mac you can use the program called terminal.
    ok thanks, worth a shot; i'll give it a proper go tomorrow.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post
    so that was you hacking into my box? i clearly did not realise that anybody would know my external ip address
    As others have already said: you should not worry about this specific widget.
    What you should know however, is that every website you visit gets this information. the widget is only showing you some parts of the information you supply freely to every one.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    As others have already said: you should not worry about this specific widget.
    What you should know however, is that every website you visit gets this information. the widget is only showing you some parts of the information you supply freely to every one.
    Is there any way of hiding my external ip address without using proxy or vpn for every website i visit? I don't post my external IP but there is obviously something somewhere where some network obsessed person can find anybody's external ip

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Not as far as I know. But I'm far from an expert.
    And it's not a person; there are websites that will show you everything there is you (i.e. your system) show to the outside world. See e.g.
    Code:
    http://www.whatsmyip.org/

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You wouldn't be able to use the internet without revealing your external ip address (other than using proxies etc). Thats the way TCP/IP works - its a two way process so the end addresses are required.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    Is there any way of hiding my external ip address without using proxy or vpn for every website i visit?
    how should this work? To get information back someone needs your address and when you are not using your IP then is must be a proxy or VPN. So NO it is technically impossible.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Mate everyone can also see what you look like too
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    good to know, shows how much i know really
    I can assure you mate you don't have to worry about any one here accessing your receiver.

The same can not be said for some of the other more unscrupulous forums out there nor the small army of people who actively trawl for unsecured e2 boxes so they can steal / sell your channels to private and even public sharing networks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast