Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: NEED HELP PLEASE. On going issue with Ultra UE, No cable scan picking up channel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Unhappy NEED HELP PLEASE. On going issue with Ultra UE, No cable scan picking up channel

Hi all,

Sometime ago I had posted a new thread regarding problems scanning/picking up DVB cable channels on Gigablue HD Ultra UE on the OpenVix Image. It came to a point where it was frustrating as i couldn't get a fix. I contacted GigaBlue and returned the Ultra UE. They had returned the receiver saying the receiver is working and they had re-flashed the UE to their own latest firmware image. The issue still remained.

I decided to reflash the firmware to Openvix. The Ultra UE finds 0 channels in automatic scan and manual scan. I have also tried ABM and it locks out.

Is there anyone who knows what the issue is and how to resolve this?? SEE BELOW:

- I have installed OpenVix Build 3.2 032 (still has the same issue on latest build if i re-flash the image)
    - Tuner installed is Hybrid tuner DVB-c/t (http://www.gigablue.de/portfolio-item/hybrid-tuner-2/) - i have also tried different tuners from gigablue
    - I have also tested the same cable feed and plugged this in tomy Vu+ Duo2 and it finds all the cable channels! so its not the cable wire/feed.
    - I have swapped the cable feed for a standard Terrestrial feed and it works. so the tuner should be faulty if the t/t2 is picking up channels.
    - I have tested the image on another UE and no luck
    - I also have the new X3 and same problem.

I heard it could be the Cable.xml file so i replaced the files from the file on the vu+ duo2. no difference! So i restored the image back to how openvix developed it and tried again, i cannot suss this out. I have uploaded the backup image.

Is there anyone who knows what is the issue could be?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hardy27; 29-02-16 at 17:26.