Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ET8000 with 3 tuners - to use with Sly UK & VM

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ET8000 with 3 tuners - to use with Sly UK & VM

Hi all,

Currently use a vu+ zero with the latest openvix and like the setup.

However, am about to have VM fibre Broadband installed (no tv) but understand I can split the cable that comes in for the BB via a splitter (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002VPIT0A - bought that) and could then connect two cable tuners to that and enjoy freeview / FTA TV through the VM feed. Does this sound right?

Also, having a satellite tuner in it also would allow me still to enjoy the FTA channels through the dish I have on my house as well? Similar to what I use the zero for now?

Just checking I am looking at the right box, as would also be looking to add a 1TB HD to the box which is currently gathering dust at home. Would be handy to have two cable tuners and one satellite in the same box, and also a large HD to record on. Just checking this sounds like the right setup for what I am considering!

Any advice welcomed. Obvs would be looking to buy the box from WoS, in the next few days potentially as VM installing next week. Cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdbm View Post
    Hi all,

Currently use a vu+ zero with the latest openvix and like the setup.

However, am about to have VM fibre Broadband installed (no tv) but understand I can split the cable that comes in for the BB via a splitter (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002VPIT0A - bought that) and could then connect two cable tuners to that and enjoy freeview / FTA TV through the VM feed. Does this sound right?

Also, having a satellite tuner in it also would allow me still to enjoy the FTA channels through the dish I have on my house as well? Similar to what I use the zero for now?

Just checking I am looking at the right box, as would also be looking to add a 1TB HD to the box which is currently gathering dust at home. Would be handy to have two cable tuners and one satellite in the same box, and also a large HD to record on. Just checking this sounds like the right setup for what I am considering!

Any advice welcomed. Obvs would be looking to buy the box from WoS, in the next few days potentially as VM installing next week. Cheers
    yh that would work fine. Have you used any enigma 2 receivers before?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi mate. Just the VU+ zero box I've had for the past few months, so limited experience but have set that up myself.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi mate. Just the VU+ zero box I've had for the past few months, so limited experience but have set that up myself.
    Yh so everything should be fine with the et8000. you would need a loop cable to allow both cable tuners to work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

bsdbm (13-01-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A loop cable? Where do I get this and what does it look like? I assume I still need to split the original VM cable 3 ways (I.e. Original coming into house, split into 3 - 1 to super hub, 1 to cable tuner A and 1 to cable tuner B)? Then this loop somewhere?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A loop cable? Where do I get this and what does it look like? I assume I still need to split the original VM cable 3 ways (I.e. Original coming into house, split into 3 - 1 to super hub, 1 to cable tuner A and 1 to cable tuner B)? Then this loop somewhere?
    You would only need a two way splitter. One going into your modem for broadband and one going into one of the tuners. Then it would loop into the other tuner .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

Have a look at the link. Something like that i think

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

bsdbm (13-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Not too sure if I am right, but I think the et8000 comes with a loop through cable in the box, at least that's what I think it is, I don't use mine as I only have two tuners, both satellite, and they have independent feeds.

From what I imagine you require this cable would work??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just ordered my ET8000 box from WoS - so should have it to set up over the weekend. Will no doubt be back on here for help! Cheers all!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i do not think the loop cable it comes with is for cable.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    it is coaxial wire. what else would it be for?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bsdbm (14-01-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    it is coaxial wire. what else would it be for?
    So just to be 100% clear, what i need is in the box?

Otherwise was going to order this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271427977827 ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Some tuners have F-plug connectors, some others have Belling-Lee connectors.

A coaxial wire/cable is just that. Provided the connectors fit, you can use them for any tuner, be it DVB-T (Terrestrial), DVB-S (satellite) and DVB-C (cable TV).

I don't have the receiver, so cannot comment whether the loop cable is the F-plug or Belling-Lee type. Bets to wait for someone who has the receiver to post back or for the receiver to arrive.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bsdbm (14-01-16)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    So just to be 100% clear, what i need is in the box?

Otherwise was going to order this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271427977827 ?
    That's is fine for the DVB-C loopthru.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Still waiting to have VM cable installed, so haven't got everything set up yet for my ET8000, but its running ok for Sly.

Managed to copy over the settings for ABM/plug-ins etc. from my VU+ zero box, so the satellite tuner (C) working fine effectively as freesat for 28.2E.

However, the cable in the box with the receiver (which was mentioned above by joysleep1 and abu baniaz) seems to be male at both ends, so I think its a satellite loop-through rather than what I would need for cable tuners; is this right? I need to make sure I have everything ready for end of the week when install happening. I could obvs buy the short cable Sicilian confirmed as ok above...?

Also, for this 'loop-through', is this how it should be connected? (I know this is a mutantHD2400, but I assume the connection is the same? I have cable tuners on A and B, C is satellite tuner).

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bsdbm; 18-01-16 at 11:41.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Still waiting to have VM cable installed, so haven't got everything set up yet for my ET8000, but its running ok for Sly.

Managed to copy over the settings for ABM/plug-ins etc. from my VU+ zero box, so the satellite tuner (C) working fine effectively as freesat for 28.2E.

However, the cable in the box with the receiver (which was mentioned above by joysleep1 and abu baniaz) seems to be male at both ends, so I think its a satellite loop-through rather than what I would need for cable tuners; is this right? I need to make sure I have everything ready for end of the week when install happening. I could obvs buy the short cable Sicilian confirmed as ok above...?

Also, for this 'loop-through', is this how it should be connected? (I know this is a mutantHD2400, but I assume the connection is the same? I have cable tuners on A and B, C is satellite tuner).

Thanks!
    Yh that is what i meant. I think it is some sort of satellite loop through. The loop in the picture looks correct. That is how i have set it up with my xtrend 10000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast