Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: No data on Transponder - Error

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No data on Transponder - Error

Title
    Thanks

No data on Transponder - Error

Hi, ive been getting this error for the past week or so from time to time on most of the channels. The channels other than FTA dont work and get this error. However, after a reboot they start working and the error goes away for about 24 hours or so until it pops up again, when I have to reboot again to get it working.

Anyone got an idea what could be wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    Okay just had a look and there's a new bootloader available from December? Could the issue possibly be that my bootloader needs updating? If so, would I need to flash the image again after updating the bootloader, and is there any guide on how to go about updating the bootloader?

Title
    Thanks
    there are instructions in the bootloader zip if you download it.

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Updated the bootloader but still keep getting this error. Across all channels now, quite frustrating. Any help please? Could it be a case of a faulty tuner?
    Last edited by Mister786; 08-01-16 at 00:24.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Is this the error message you are getting "No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)" ? What services? SAT/TERR/CABLE?

I am getting this problem intermittently on a GB Quad Plus on and off for several weeks, maybe as far back as late November. The channel tunes ok, but I get the error message on-screen and I can clear it with the OK button. This happens on satellite and terrestrial channels so I'm assuming it's not an actual tuner issue. I view mostly FTA channels. I notice that when this starts, I can no longer view any of my pre-recorded shows. If I try to reboot, the box mostly shuts down (picture and sound go off, but the blue LED on the front panel stays on), and I have to toggle the power switch on the back of the receiver to restart. It's fine after reboot for a day or two.

I've replaced the bootloader with the new one in the past couple of days and done a fresh flash with settings restore. Previously, had flashed without any settings restore but that didn't seem to resolve it either.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Yes tony that's the issue in a nutshell. I reverted to ver 3.2.09 and its not a problem.

I installed a frsh install with not restore and it was still the same. I only have SAT.

Title
    Thanks
    @antosat - I did a little search and see that you are having a similar problem to mine, all right. I wonder if the problem is the same for @Mister786?

Are you saying that the problem does not happen with 3.2.09 at all? I wonder could this be related to the new versions of gstreamer not playing nice with Gigablue models?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    @antosat - I did a little search and see that you are having a similar problem to mine, all right. I wonder if the problem is the same for @Mister786?

Are you saying that the problem does not happen with 3.2.09 at all? I wonder could this be related to the new versions of gstreamer not playing nice with Gigablue models?
    Yes tony, Mister786 has the same problem. the issue has never happened to me using 3.2.09. Each time a new version comes out I will try it but within 24 hours the problem reoccurs. Have the GB drivers changed post 3.2.09?

Regards
    A

Title
    Thanks
    There were a lot of driver changes and reverted driver changes back in Nov/Dec, so I'm not actually sure what the problem might be. I've reported this as a possible bug. In the meantime I may revert back to 3.2.09 also.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

antosat (08-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Yep I'm having the same issue. It usually comes up with the error after around 24 hours and then works after a reboot.

So which image do you guys recommend I use whilst someone can fix this on the newer images? Would having a new bootloader impact in any way on the compatibility of the older images?

Title
    Thanks
    i use ver 3.2.09

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using 3.3.005 as I don't have a copy of 009 - so far so good.

Title
    Thanks
    Reverted back to 3.2.009 and it seems to be working fine. Any idea yet what the issue could be on the recent images?

Title
    Thanks
    3.2.005 didn't actually work out for me. Within hours I had a scheduled recording which resulted in a zero-length file. I went back further to a Hades 018 image and it's been stable since Monday last.

Title
    Thanks
    Are the newer 4.1 images working okay or still same issue? I havent bothered updating from the last working image which was the 3.2.09. If the newer images have solved this then please let me know, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast