Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Only 1 feed working to box, faulty wire or LNB?

Title
    Thanks

Only 1 feed working to box, faulty wire or LNB?

Started getting the error ( timeout or something along them lines) when trying to download the EPG and ABM when I'd done a fresh flash to open vix 3.2 30.

Was having a few problems and bugs before I did the reflash, so decided this was the best way forward.

Anyway I disabled one of the tuners on the box and tried each cable ( 2 feeds )into each tuner, one wire in works and one doesn't in both tuners.Conections are sound on both cables at the box end.

So am I right in thinking the problem is the LNB at sat end? Was thinking if it's a quad I'd be able to put the faulty feed into another one on the LNB? Not had chance to look yet because of this dread full weather.

Just wanted an idea of where I should be looking to solve this.

TIA

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,162 Times in 6,237 Posts
    So am I right in thinking the problem is the LNB at sat end? Was thinking if it's a quad I'd be able to put the faulty feed into another one on the LNB?
    Yes. that sounds about right. Each port is effectively a separate LNB. Check connection and then different port on LNB end.

You should ensure you have signal on following transponder. You will have to enter details manually as pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply again, what do you mean enter details manually, where do I do this?

I found the Sat finder page in the software, but it doesn't look like that?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,162 Times in 6,237 Posts
    Looks depend on the skin in use.

Manually
    You will not be able to select the frequency as it is not listed in the satellites.xml. You will have to:
    Select User defined transponder
    Manually input the frequency and symbol rate. 11778 and 27500
    Change polarisation to vertical.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks Abu, all sorted now, plugged into another port on the LNB all working again now.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gkf9 View Post
    Ok thanks Abu, all sorted now, plugged into another port on the LNB all working again now.
    In that case I would consider looking for a new LNB before any other ports fail, because once one goes it is usually not long before others start to fail also.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.