Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trend et8000 tune failed

Title
    Thanks
    sorry i tried but don't know how to

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If teh IP address of your reciver is 192.168.0.10, you would enter this into your web browser ( internet explorere.firefox, safari)
    Code:
    http://192.168.0.10/grab?format=jpg

Title
    Thanks
    tried and tried but it doesn't seem to work not good i know but shall i take a pic with my phone camera

Title
    Thanks
    ok tuners has decided to lock but keeps resetting with redefined transponder, when i set it to user defined transponder the frequency changes and polarisation keeps changing to horizontal, symbol rate rate change and FEC goes to 5/6. press ok to scan and only 10 channels detected. but to watch only channel 4 is available
    Last edited by patmanS; 05-12-15 at 19:49.

Title
    Thanks
    I wish you success in your quest to resolve your problem. I can't help any further, you keep going off at a tangent.

Title
    Thanks
    abu thank you for all your help. i didn't think i was going off at a tangent laterly. what i was reporting back was the tuner configuration, and that even when i tried to set it at the perimeters you told me to it kept going back to previous setting. also it does not always lock at the setting you gave me but it does lock at the previous setting intermittently. even when locked it scanned channels but i cannot watch the channels as it kept saying service not available check tuner configuration

Title
    Thanks
    If you go to signal finder and select user transponder, it starts off with the TP of the active channel, if that is available it goes to the first TP in the xml. You enter the values you want to test. Once you enter the values, it won't change on its own. That is my experience, although we all make mistakes.

Title
    Thanks
    hi abu. thanks for your reply. i don't know whether it something i'm doing/not doing but when i go into sat finder and select user transponder it is always reset at predefined transponder, even if i had previously set it at user transponder also when i change it to use transponder the perimeters has changed back to a "pre-set" figure, e.g. the the frequency changes, so does the polarisation symbol rate and inversion. the tuner does not always lock either. and when it does lock and i do a scan it does not pick up all the channels.

Title
    Thanks
    ok so I've play around with the tuner. unfortunately still no joy-tune failed is the constant message. the sat finder is always set at predefined transponder, the the transponder is set at 10773 H 22000 5/6. and even when as suggested by abu i reset it to the perimeters 11778 V 27500 auto, it doesn't always lock on. and when exit sat finder and returning to it the transponder goes back to predefined and set at 10773 H 22000 5/6. help!!!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 2,250 Posts
    If it doesn't lock then either your dish is not aligned or your cables have a problem ..... the other "issues" you have are not issues - normally when you go into Satfinder it will be set to the current working transponder - you can change the transponder etc but it doesn't retain the values when you exit.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    thanks twol. the tuner locks intermittently, so why's that? can i do something myself with the dish alignment or do i have to get someone in for that? i gathered that the predefined transponder was preset and the value does not change as i've tried and tried and it always goes back to the predefined values.

Title
    Thanks
    Put your box on BBC1 and move your sat dish SLOWLY from side to side then up and down until u see the pic. 1 Inch of movement should take around 5 seconds. look at the dishes on your neighbours homes for comparison
    Move carefully as not to bend the boom arm or distort dish. With all the winds we have had, its gona be dish slightly out for sure.
    Last edited by josweet; 06-12-15 at 19:22.

Title
    Thanks
    so tuners have stayed locked for a while. did scan in sat finder and can see channels but can't seem to access sky channels. why?? did scan in ABM and it's not reading any sky channels but found the freesat channels.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks josweet. i'm going to leave that for now as tuners seems to have locked in for a while. we live by the sea and the wind has been particularly strong the past few days, hopefully its settled down. now trying to sort out why i can't view sky channels even though they are showing

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 2,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patmanS View Post
    thanks josweet. i'm going to leave that for now as tuners seems to have locked in for a while. we live by the sea and the wind has been particularly strong the past few days, hopefully its settled down. now trying to sort out why i can't view sky channels even though they are showing
    I live on the reception fringe so all I can say is that Sky signal is much stronger than the fta signals ... I reall think you should get a helper and try to adjust the dish between you.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast