Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using Slingbox with their E2 box?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    If you're only streaming to boxes/tablets inside your home, why bother with the slingbox?
    The only other way I know of is by using the Kodi / Vu+ add-on, and that method doesn't work very well for me and it won't do HD.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmofreak View Post
    The only other way I know of is by using the Kodi / Vu+ add-on, and that method doesn't work very well for me and it won't do HD.
    Try using WebIF, can you stream from there?
    TunerServer in the plugin feeds might also be handy to you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

gizmofreak (03-12-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Try using WebIF, can you stream from there?
    TunerServer in the plugin feeds might also be handy to you.
    I need to use Android boxes. With WebIF I'd need to use an android browser for example firefox or chrome, I can certainly try this on one of the android boxes and see how it goes. However controlling it using air-mouse / trackpad will be a nightmare.

Not heard of TunerServer before, what's that about?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmofreak View Post
    Not heard of TunerServer before, what's that about?
    TunerServer creates m3u files for all your channels in bouquet named folders. These can be shared on the box or coped to any device on your local network.
    WebIF will also let you create playlists of single channels or full bouquets.

Title
    Thanks
    better than webif imho is the android vu+ player app. you may want to triy this as well.
    however i'm not sure whether any of the above solutions will make you happy 7 days a week.
    Last edited by 2stein; 04-12-15 at 09:41.

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried using a VU+ solo2 running Fraggle sky skin with a slingbox solo, I felt the on screen controls were too small to see visually on a phone. I have gone back to using a TM600 purely for my slingbox. I have had this set up running for nearly 3 years now, and I am very pleased with the picture quality. Get a cheap TM600 off ebay and do it my way, works like a charm everyday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12