Hi All,

I am extremely green to the Satellite scene & have just had a TM-5402HD M3 installed. I may very well be doing something wrong but having referred to the manual, I am still at a loss. When using the remote to operate the device, it will usually not turn on at all when one presses the On/Off button - there is a red light that just stays illuminated. The only way is to physically switch the unit on at the box. Most other commands seem to work on the remote though. There also seems to be some sort of lag when one either switches the unit on or off. Is this normal or do I have a faulty unit?

Sometimes, the unit says it has switched off & then shows the time & will respond to switching on by the RC but at other times when switching off, it will go to the red light - it is really quite frustrating. Can anyone please provide me with some help on how to remedy this before I have to consider sending the unit back?

Also, can anyone be kind enough to let me know of a really good, easy to use & comprehensive EPG for the unit please - I left Sky not so long ago so am quite used to their system so ideally would like something that looks similar & has the same sort of options. Please kindly let me know exactly what to do on a step by step basis as I am way out of my depth at the moment & do not have any understanding of the tech side of things. I use a Mac computer so am worried that might hinder me when using certain programmes. apps & file types to extract, install & update things on the unit?

How do I ensure that I have the latest & best Channel lists & is there an easy way to update them? I would like something whereby they can be arranged according to ones likes as at the moment, one has to keep clicking down/up for ages & it is really time consuming.

I have also noticed that the the Channel Up/Down rocker buttons on the remote control do not fast scroll when it is kept depressed like most remotes - am I doing something wrong? It is a real pain having to depress it each time just to get through the many channels on the list until one finds their desired ones.

Finally, what is a "Phantom Patch" & what does it do? How do I ensure that my unit is up to date & has all the latest updates/software etc?

Many Thanks!
Bazzy!