Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: internet stopped working after very first reboot

Title
    Thanks

internet stopped working after very first reboot

got my Et800 today and have been excited to get it going and after a straight forward VIX latest image setup and basic config, its working lovely.
    But then a reboot, the Ethernet connection has dropped off the network and wont rejoin. result: no internet whatever i try. This is what i did:

i ran the initial first use setup wizard
    configured the tuner
    downloaded autobouquets for 28e
    installed cccam 2.30 and copied over my existing CCcam file.
    softcam working great, all channels clearing.

i am satisfied and then i go for a reboot of the box, its first reboot and once its back up it no longer has internet.......

the activity lights on the back of the box are flashing ! but...
    tried the test the network adapter tool in the system menu
    tried the network wizard
    tried restarting the network,
    tried rebooting
    tried the cables
    checked the router logs for anything unusual ( Virgin superhub)

Whatever i try hasn't worked and seeing another user on this board with a similar issue makes me concerned, although theirs might have been a softcam logging issue. Any help is welcome. If i am told to re-flash then i will do it but i am troubled by the need to do this so soon. I have installed 2 plugins: cccam and multibutton (remote).
    First impressions are slipping fast and its only day one.

i welcome your thoughts and advice
    Technomate-TM-Nano-3T - Vu+Solo - Dm800HD - DM518

Inverto MultiConnect LNB system - 1m Orbital dish - zone 2 28e dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Contact WoS if that's where you purchased, sounds like you just been unlucky. Electronics for you...

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...mation/contact send an email.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Something else on the network using the same IP?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try removing the config file. I had a similar problem although it was mgcamd config file that caused the problem.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    i will give you a bit of an update. version 3.2-build 21

* i only had 2 plugins installed (Cccam & multibutton), so i removed them both and rebooted, guess what, yes the networking started working again.
    * I then rebooted several times and each time the network was working. (not a router or duplicate IP problem)
    * i then installed Cccam again (no config file) and after reboot networking had stopped again,
    rebooted several more times but alas still no networking. removed cccam plugin, rebooted and network was back (so not a softcam config file issue)
    * i then installed oscam (1.20 svn9620) rebooted and networking stopped again, rebooted, still no network.
    * removed oscam and rebooted, network was back again. the existance of the softcam plugins impacted on the networking.

Not sure if this problem is recursive with the existance of other plugins as i had to go to work.

any ideas? i think a fresh flash maybe? which is the best last known stable version. (or do i just sent it back to WOS as Sicilian suggests)
    Last edited by chris16v; 13-11-15 at 10:18.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Where are you getting your cams from & why are you installing a quick button plugin?
    All supported images are on http://openvix.co.uk

Title
    Thanks
    cams are from the vix image plugin feeds, multiquick is so the wife and kids can't destroy the box by pressing lots of menu buttons.
    (but multiquickbutton is now removed, and even when it was installed it hadn't configured it)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Email wos all details. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I have exactly the same problem when I reboot what I found was that if I place the box in deep standby and switch back on internet is fine again if i restart enigma its fine or if i turn the box off for five minutes its fine only loose it on restart wifi is fine whatever hope this helps
    I emailed WOS they couldnt have been more helpful and offered exchange but have noted issue so im going to see how it goes over the next few weeks to see if its software related or gets any worse
    Last edited by doggone1; 13-11-15 at 20:42.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if box was powered off for a while would it connect straight away and if let to warm up it lost its connection then ? fan should be switched on now in new images.

Title
    Thanks
    I Have the same problem. After reboot no network link. When I swith of the box via the power switch on the back and wait 5 minutes (4 minutes is not ennough) I get it to work again. When I have a network link it is stable until reboot. My box is running on latest OpenPLI. Is this a driver/software issue or hardware issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Having the same problem with a box I purchased for my brother in law. Box has lost internet connection.
    Did any of you have any joy rectifying this issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Emailed WOS yesterday and this is their reply

Quote> This is a software issue, we've had a few (very few).

Xtrend are aware of the issue and are in the process of creating a bootloader to fix the issue.
    In the meantime, if you need to restart the receiver, put the unit into deep standby, then take out of deep standby by pressing standby on the remote. Unit should re-start with network all working fine. <Unquote

I have tried this fix and it works.
    Must say WOS were very prompt in their reply.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thomsork For This Useful Post:

FozzyBear (03-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Fix is now in build Vix 033. Updated the kernel fix for the network issue after deep standby on ET8k