Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time set up for Quad HD plus

Title
    Thanks
    Re Filezlla
    Try just putting root in the username and NO password

2. The Following User Says Thank You to s2tephen For This Useful Post:

PFinn (05-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tephen View Post
    Re Filezlla
    Try just putting root in the username and NO password
    Thanks but I have tried that, reading through other posts I am going to try using old laptop with FileZilla when I have it charged, it is other issue re Softcam which is really annoying as error is coming on screen @ every 10minutes

Title
    Thanks
    OK after spending many hours scouring though dead end links on Google and searching through needle in a haystack threads on here which at times left me going off on a tangent installing plugins or altering settings which would ultimately be contradicted on alternate threads and resulting me in going back to start all over again I have eventually achieved a working box which seems stable with a very good quality picture (so far)
    I see that many people have viewed this thread so with the assumption that others are in a similar dilemma to me not really knowing what half the terms such as picons, cams softcams etc even are never mind how to install them hopefully I can at least provide some help to the gigablue newbie with what worked for me..... http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-up-guide.html

This was my life saver, the only real stumbling block is when I used FileZilla that I used ROOT instead of the all lowercase root, this error alone wasted nearly a full day on my day off work and resulted in a factory reset in my frustration.
    I thank all those who have helped me so far and would hope that some others would remember that we all had to learn from nothing and try to understand that no matter how stupid the queries may seem there are many new members like me who rely on you guys passing on the benefit of your knowledge as sometimes it is the simplest thing which makes the breakthrough for us.
    I am now fumbling my way through trying to set up a custom channel list as I had a problem with autobouquets maker yesterday but this morning the scans seem to have appeared themselves but now I have up to 5 of the same channels on list but that is better than about 5 in total at one stage yesterday
    Also I thought I had figured out how to record last night as blue light turned flashing purple when I pressed record but I cannot find recording or any simple instructing of how to record/playback and pause rewind of live TV seems very hit and miss with a total freeze needing me to power off at back to reset problem so I will leave that alone until I can find some simple instructions if anyone could be so kind.

Is there a thread on here with highly recommended settings/plugins (with an idiots guide to what those things actually do as I found myself adding stuff over the last few days that had names I had read somewhere I had browsed or maybe posters here were raving about when I had and still have for the most part absolutely no clue what those plugins actually do)
    A set of agreed top settings and addons for the best reliable way to watch, pause/rewind/record for this box would be invaluable if anyone can oblige

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Maybe don't try installing any plugins till you get to know the basic workings of the box?
    Also, the ViX manual on http://openvix.co.uk might be handy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

PFinn (09-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Wow judge,
    Thank you, I have just had a quick browse and that looks like the type of thing which would have made my last few days setting up my box a lot easier, I guess it was a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees how did I miss that http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12