Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current most powerful/flexible box?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You've already been reminded not to make multiple threads for same issue. There is no need to start another thread. You are actually better off asking image questions in the image support question.

Services become available to tuners that are compatible with them. You do not assign services to tuners. The image decides what to use based on what is going on/being requested. You can set the preferances, it takes these into account. If you do not want to use the motorsied dish for the 28.2 services, you can set the dish to "Positioner selecting satellites". Do not enable 28.2. That tuner then becomes unable to receive 28.2 services and receiver will not try to use it for 28.2 services.

If you have four tuners, they are independent. The only time that this would nt apply would be if you had a multi port LNB and also had a cable direct from LNB to tuner, by passing the motor.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

realdannys (07-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu, I didn't want to buy the Duo2 box and find out that it wouldn't be happy at all with my motorised dish on one tuner and a static mini dish on the other 3. I only have a single tuner box at the minute, so I assume you can set three of the tuners to just Astra 2 (the static dish) and the 4th tuner I can set power and control the motor the way i currently do with my single tuner box?

Any idea of the EPG speed differences between the VU+ boxes, if any? Or do they all have enough power to make EPG browsing and channel zapping just as fast as each other these days? (The Technomate TM800 even with the best image is still sluggish, slow and dated looking)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    It has already been mentioned that tuners are independent. You can even have four motorised dishes if you wanted. Receiver might not have enough power, but with a positioner, you can do it. They'll be independent.

The TM800 is poor. It does not even do OpenTV epg and is stuck on pli 2.1 IIRC. Not worthe comparing it with otherreceivers although it has superb picture quality owing to the Phillips chip.

Some people find the Duo2 is slower on chanenl changing than other receivers in its class owing to the LCD screen. It is one of the most powerful receivers out there. Best wait for feedback from owners before accepting this view.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    @realdannys.

Everything is handled on the server box as if you were viewing from that box. Everything, meaning tuner selection, dish selection, subscription card selection, service entitlements. And all this is handled completely automatically.

Then the client box, using RCSC, creates an identical duplicate channel list, and any resources that are available on the server become available to the client. If any resource is only available once (in your case the motorised dish) it will be allocated on a "first come first served" basis.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    if I understand how the FBC on that box works correctly then you would only need 2 feeds from the mini dish
    That is not true. Each feed can only carry one block at any one time. So to be able to access transponders from all four blocks at any one time would require four feeds and four tuners.

So in the case of the Solo 4K the maximum it will be able to access at any one time (if it has a DVB-S2 twin tuner card installed) is 2 blocks + 2 transponders.
    Last edited by Huevos; 08-10-15 at 07:45.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So how foes the fbc work then I thought you should already be able to access all transponders in one block at the same time now, the only way it can work and be any different is to provide horizontal on one tuner and vertical on another therefore only needing 2 feeds, if it doesn't work like that then it is no different to how it works now so wouldn't need the title of full band capture ???

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    So how foes the fbc work then I thought you should already be able to access all transponders in one block at the same time now, the only way it can work and be any different is to provide horizontal on one tuner and vertical on another therefore only needing 2 feeds, if it doesn't work like that then it is no different to how it works now so wouldn't need the title of full band capture ???
    we've already had that discussion in the solo 4k thread, and the conclusion was afaik: 1 fbc tuner can decode the frequency spectrum of 1 block... all transponders of the block simultaneously. however due to the limitation of demuxers to 8 it can only support 8 transponders simultanously. so, 1 fbc tuner is equivalent to 1 conventional tuner plus 7 loopthrus.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    @realdannys.

Everything is handled on the server box as if you were viewing from that box. Everything, meaning tuner selection, dish selection, subscription card selection, service entitlements. And all this is handled completely automatically.

Then the client box, using RCSC, creates an identical duplicate channel list, and any resources that are available on the server become available to the client. If any resource is only available once (in your case the motorised dish) it will be allocated on a "first come first served" basis.
    Thanks Heuvos thats very helpful info. In terms of the first come first served basis - I was wondering about that, if you have a channel active from the motorised dish on the main box and you try and change it one of the slave devices will it give you an error message, or it will it just change the channel as if you've selected it on the main box?

Title
    Thanks
    So, i'm pretty sure i've settled on the Duo2 for my server box - the bit i'm stuck on now is the best client boxes to run off it. I was thinking match everything up VU+, run OpenVix on all of them and probably the same skin i choose across all. Question is, if I do that, will the EPG and channel zapping work as well off something like the VU+ Zero as a client box as it does on the Duo2 server? I don't want to cripple the 2nd and third room with a less enjoyable channel hoping experience?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a Zero as a second box and it is an excellent piece of kit - bit slower than my Solo2 when loading the EPG, (no big deal). Everything else seems to be just as fast.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmoore View Post
    I have a Zero as a second box and it is an excellent piece of kit - bit slower than my Solo2 when loading the EPG, (no big deal). Everything else seems to be just as fast.
    Thanks for the feedback Willmoore - as long as its not too bad I think i'll go for it, just saw a video on Youtube and it felt pretty rapid navigating, thats what i'm mostly interested in it doing. I was considering a Solo2 for one of the rooms second boxes but I think the Zero will probably be enough as I don't plan to use it for anything but the satellite feeds fed from the Duo2 as I used Plex on a Mac mini for all my other media. It will be nice to use the Duo2 to record programs I don't particular want to collect, stuff that dates or one off shows I want to try, and in Plex I stores the shows I want to own as box sets etc - so I think the combination will work well.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to let people know I went for the Duo2 and a Zero for a second room from WOS. Haven't fired up the Zero yet but have the Duo2 up and running 3 with Sly dish feeds and one from my motorised dish and so far i'm over the moon with what its doing, the speed, the options are fantastic. Haven't bothered with anything except the OpenVix 3.2 it shipped with.

Couple of early teething problems and just trying to figure out how to get it the way I want, but I really am super impressed so far, and i'm not an easily impressed person!

Thanks for the help in this thread.
    Last edited by realdannys; 13-10-15 at 12:12.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12