Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New dvb c tuners

Title
    Thanks

New dvb c tuners

Hi I am currently running an Xtrend et8000 twin dvb-s but am wondering if I was to add a dvb-c tuner whether I would add it as the third tuner (a- dvb-s, b- dvb-s, c - dvb-c) or would I have to buy two dvb-c tuners? IE. Tuners a and b as dvb-c. Importantly Iwould need the ability to record whilst watching another program, would I need two dvb-c cables attached as I would with my dvb-s tuners.
    Any help greatly appreciated!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The receiver has three tuner slots. You can adda DVB-C tuner module in slot C without worrying about what is in the other two slots (AFAIK)

Whether cable,s atellite or Terrestaril, if you want to record from two transponders, you need two tuners.

If you wanted to record 7 chanenls and they were all on the same transponder, a single tuner will be fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

atf92 (30-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your quick response. Is there a specific dvb-c tuner for xtrend et8000? And I'm really sorry but I'm not exactly sure about transponders, am still learning after a couple of months as a complete noob. With two dvb-s and one dvb c tuner would I be able to record via the dvb c or would I have to loop. Sorry if repeating myself.

Title
    Thanks
    Can you send a message to the sponsor and ask about the tuner availability.

I don't know exatky what you mean to ask about "loop". The Cable tuner will need a signal wire with adequate signal level/quality. This wire can be from a asplitter or looped out from another cable receiver. Perhaps this post may help clarify things. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...le-Terrestrial

Think of transponder like signal supply, just for the purposes of understanding.
    If a tuner is locked onto that signal supply, it, the tuner, can only receive the channels on that transponder. You do not need another tuner if you want to record/stream another channel on the same transponder. So in essence, using one tuner, I can record all those channels pictured in these pictures, I have used teh TP for BBC One London and ITV London as examples. If I have two tuners, the same applies to the the other tuner.

So with two tuner, I can record over 10 channels subject to the motherboard/hdd restrictions. However, dont take that as always being the case, because some transpnders have fewer channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Again thanks for a well informed response. I'll have a good read through the link provided.
    Haven't been able to find an Xtrend branded dvb c tuner via sponsor site. Unsure whether it needs to be or not if I'm honest. I'll do some more digging.
    Again all my thanks for your responses

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atf92 View Post
    Haven't been able to find an Xtrend branded dvb c tuner via sponsor site. Unsure whether it needs to be or not if I'm honest.
    There is a reason why I said to send a message instead of posting link.

If you want to use plug-in type tuner, it must be an xtrend tuner. Not like PCs I am afraid. For USB tuners, any reliable one will do. The Sundtek ones are reliable, but not cheap.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    If the sponsor doesn't have any spares in stock, pretty sure he will have soon...
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...er_name=ET8000
    PRE-ORDERS BEING TAKEN. HYBRID DVB-C/T2 TUNERS ARE CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER, SHIPPING WILL BE APPROX W/C 12/10/15.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

atf92 (01-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant that's the way to go then as I'm in no rush. I was previously with vrgn and noticed that they used coax cables to connect to the tvo box whereas a dvb-c tuner has a TV aerial type connection, why is this?