Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Cable epg in the service list

Title
    Thanks

Cable epg in the service list

Hi guys

I'm having trouble with my epg for cable channels. I've been using epgrefresh to get the epg from PVR_epg which seems to be working ok. The problem is that the epg doesnt show up in the service list. If i use the multi epg the whole list is there. If from the service list I press epg I get the weeks guide for that channel. It used to work fine until a couple weeks ago. Ive tried a few different images but they all do the same thing. I'm on Openvix 3.2 003 now.
    My box is a VU+ duo with a DVBsky usb tuner. I had the same results with a vu turbo tuner, but dont really like black hole images.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    It is possible your EPG database is corrupt. Try deleting it. There is a delete function in the EPG settings menu.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

phils_confused (30-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu. I've tried that, i've also tried saving the epg to HDD instead of USB. still the same. All the data is there, it just won't show up in the service list.

Title
    Thanks
    Can you upload a picture of what is happening please. (Screenshot guide in signature if you need it.)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Hope this shows up ok. some channels show in the service list occasionally. As you can see here, Sky sports 3 epg is empty in the service list. Once i press epg from there theres the full epg for that channel

service list.jpgchannel epg.jpg
    Last edited by phils_confused; 30-08-15 at 17:53.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phils_confused For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Here is a screenshot of mine. As you can see everything is working.

I notice you are using Lraizer's plugin, mixing and also renaming. His plugins do not do that (yet). What are you doing to achieve this. This could be the cause of your issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    You could be right. My services and bouquets are a mash up from a long time ago. Basically to set up like that I used lraizers plugin for sat and cable to create separate bouquets for cable and sat then manually merge them together. I think there might be a bit of ABM in there too. I'll have a go at making new bouquets. I like to mix them together as i can keep all the HD channels together. The mrs gets on better with it that way.
    Heres a screenshot of my bouquets. I've mixed cable channels into the sat channels to keep it easier.

Bouquets.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Sorted. Deleted my old bouquets and made new ones with ABM and everything is working perfect. Thanks for your help Abu

Title
    Thanks
    Might be worth you spending time to make your own customised bouquets using ABM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

phils_confused (31-08-15)