Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG broken on Hades 018

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPG broken on Hades 018

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Thumbs down EPG broken on Hades 018

On upgrade to Hades 018 the epg is missing lots of entries. No rhyme nor reason for it. The channels are there when you select them.

Thanks
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do you use just satellite 28.2 (sky uk) or is it multi-sat?

What is your source for your preferred satellite?
    Last edited by bbbuk; 25-08-15 at 21:51.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, yes just sky uk and the tuner settings are single satellite 28.2e eutelsat 28a & astra 2e/2f. (For both tuners)

Epg is using opentv settings as per 99%of the tutorials.

Thanks for the reply

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sounds like your EPG data is corrupt. Try deleting the epg.dat and re downloading
    Last edited by dfox; 26-08-15 at 07:26. Reason: Mispelled Word

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I can confirm NO issue here. Working perfect
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    This happened to me for the first time a few days ago I just deleted the epg.dat and redownloaded it and all is fine now

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I tried deleting the epg.dat, reformatting the usb stick, re-initialising the usb stick, different usb sticks (including new ones). But still the same on all machines.

Strangely though if I press the OK button twice then the information shows up. But still does not show in the UP arrow listing.

Also when I switch to the channel then sometimes the information shows up - but then 20 mins later it has vanished again. I have had a full listing a couple of times and then an hour later gone back to flick through the listings and 25% of them have vanished.

Re-flashed to the last Apollo version and it works perfectly - switch back to Hades 018 and it's playing up again.

The one thing I haven't tried is an older version of Hades.

Edit**** I do remember that you can flush the epg data from memory as well but cannot find the commandline commands to do it.

thanks
    Last edited by Rimmel; 26-08-15 at 11:07.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmel View Post
    I tried deleting the epg.dat, reformatting the usb stick, re-initialising the usb stick, different usb sticks (including new ones). But still the same on all machines.

Strangely though if I press the OK button twice then the information shows up. But still does not show in the UP arrow listing.

Also when I switch to the channel then sometimes the information shows up - but then 20 mins later it has vanished again. I have had a full listing a couple of times and then an hour later gone back to flick through the listings and 25% of them have vanished.

Re-flashed to the last Apollo version and it works perfectly - switch back to Hades 018 and it's playing up again.

The one thing I haven't tried is an older version of Hades.

Edit**** I do remember that you can flush the epg data from memory as well but cannot find the commandline commands to do it.

thanks
    I know this is a stupid question, but are you sure its using the epg.dat on the stick ... might be worth just ensuring there are no others.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I know this is a stupid question, but are you sure its using the epg.dat on the stick ... might be worth just ensuring there are no others.
    Hi yes, I checked and no others are present and all the installations were a new flash from fresh and the stick wiped before inserting.

Edit**** Interestingly it is always the same channels.

thanks
    Last edited by Rimmel; 26-08-15 at 12:59.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Now here is something interesting:

When I do a scan for missing channels I do a Manual scan and choose a single sat 28.2e etc etc

Now the scan then creates/updates a bouquet called "Last Scanned". So I check my bouquet for a epg listing that is missing, for an example we will use the "Food network". This channel is on 11426MHz V 27500, however for the same channel in the last scanned (with settings 11426MHz V 27500) the epg listing is present. So I delete the epg entry for the food network in my bouquet and add the one from last scanned... all good until I reboot and the epg for the listing in my bouquet is missing - but the one in last scanned is still there.

In fact all the missing epg listings in my bouquet ARE listed in the "last scanned" bouquet.

My bouquet is called "Most Watched" - I am wondering if the epg is reading bouquets alphabetically and therefore reading the "Last Scanned" bouquet before the "Most Watched" Bouquet and then not bothering with entries in the Most Watched bouquet or not linking the bouquets?????

Edit: Tried renaming the Most Watched to All watched but no difference. Something isn't right.

How is the epg renewed? Through a sat channel or network? Was wondering if it was the frequency on my sat dish not strong enough?
    Last edited by Rimmel; 26-08-15 at 15:02.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmel View Post
    My bouquet is called "Most Watched" - I am wondering if the epg is reading bouquets alphabetically and therefore reading the "Last Scanned" bouquet before the "Most Watched" Bouquet and then not bothering with entries in the Most Watched bouquet or not linking the bouquets?????
    Nope. There is something wrong with your bouquets, not the EPG.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Nope. There is something wrong with your bouquets, not the EPG.
    I can't see how though -All I am doing is adding the entries from the Last Scanned folder to the most watched folder. Then as I said previously some of the listings in the most watched bouquet do not show epg data yet the ones in the last scanned bouquet do (the exact same ones I selected and added the entry to the most watched). However then when I change to the channel on the most watched the epg appears. This however disappears again on a epg download or reboot.
    Last edited by Rimmel; 26-08-15 at 15:56.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Where are you getting your channel lists from? how are you adding your extra bouquets?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Where are you getting your channel lists from? how are you adding your extra bouquets?
    I created the bouquets within the box and also using dreamboxEdit to ftp them up to other boxes - rather than having to create the list on every box.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No idea so but something you're doing is obviously messing up your services.
    Is there a reason you're not using ABM? If you read the plugin readme file, you should get a good idea how to include your 'most watched' bouquet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast