Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to have every Astra Channels in every flat of a common building ?

Title
    Thanks

Question How to have every Astra Channels in every flat of a common building ?

Hello,

I'm living in Germany.
    Mostly German channels of Astra 19.2 are using the polarity Horizontal.

In my building, there are 12 flats. The satellite is provided through an unique cable.
    So, I have access only to Channels with horizontal polarity.

But I would like to have also French Channels that are using Vetical polarity.

The owner is aggree to do some technical modifications.

So if I understood well, we should to replace the actual LNB by a "LND QUATTRO".

Is it right ?

And then what other materiel I will need ?

It will be really nice if you can list them (model and brand are welcome too).
    And also explain me how they have to be connected to provide all the channels on one unique cable for 12 flats.

Thanks you a lot in advance,
    Snow

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,963 Times in 3,279 Posts
    You can't do it on one cable. You need 4 cables form the dish to the multiswitch. And you need at least one individual feed to each residence. You cannot share the cables.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    You can't do it on one cable. You need 4 cables form the dish to the multiswitch. And you need at least one individual feed to each residence. You cannot share the cables.
    Thank you for your reply.

From the Dish, in fact from the LNB Quattro, it will have 4 Cables, going to something (multi-switch or something else, like you wrote a "multi switch", it's why I'm asking).
    But from the multi switch to the flats, it's the same cable.

Could you explain me why it's a problem ?

Could you describe more precisely, what should be the solution ?

Thanks in advance
    Snow

But

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you have 8 flats you will need a multi switch with 8 outputs which means 8 output cables, if you have 27 flats you will need a few multi switches all wired together to enable 27 output cables.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Not a big deal! ...... Eg I have 2 dishes (19.2 & 28.2E) going to a multiswitch with 16 outputs .... Each output cable can access all channels on both dishes.
    In your case, you just need a multiswitch with support for one dish (19.2E) and 28 outputs .... Would suggest EMP-Centauri Profi MS5/28PIU-6.
    Supports both Quad and Quattro LNB,s so great flexibility .... And excellent quality (I use one) -have tried others but all have given problems which in a building complex you do not want.
    The other option is a smaller multiswitch with other "extension" multiswitches cascading off the main box .... Probably depends on the layout of the building complex you live in ..... But if possible suggest 1st solution.
    Last edited by twol; 22-08-15 at 08:39.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks

Question

Thank you for your replies.

But, I can change the LNB, the switch, multiswitch, ...

But I can't change the cable that is in the whole. It seems, it's a serial distribution.

It seems, that , there is only one cable for all the 12 flats.

I took a look, in my flat, the cable is arriving, then continuing.

If I have:

Dish with LNB Quattro <-> [4 cables] <-> Multiswitch (only 1 output used) <-> [1 cable/ serial distribution] <-> flat 1 <-> flat 2 <-> flat 3 <-> flat 4 <-> flat 5 <-> flat 6 <-> flat 7 <-> ... <-> flat 12

It will work ?

It means, every flat will have acces to all channels from Astra ?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,963 Times in 3,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowreg View Post
    Dish with LNB Quattro <-> [4 cables] <-> Multiswitch (only 1 output used) <-> [1 cable/ serial distribution] <-> flat 1 <-> flat 2 <-> flat 3 <-> flat 4 <-> flat 5 <-> flat 6 <-> flat 7 <-> ... <-> flat 12

It will work ?
    No. You need at least one cable between every residence and the multi-switch.

If you are just worried about yourself, take a cable from your residence to the multi-switch.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Unicable (or an other stagging system) might give you a solution (although Unicable is only up to 8 tuners IIRC).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

What I'm not understand with my current installation is:

I have channels of
    12544.75 H
    12574.25 H
    12603.75 H
    12633.25 H
    12662.75 H
    12692.25 H
    12721.75 H

So it's seems that my system is providing "High frequency - Horizontal".

But I have also some other channels that are normaly provided by on low frequency.
    Channels of:
    10743.75 H
    10773.25 H
    10802.75 H
    10832.25 H

But, my receiver is finding these channnels through these datas:
    10700 H
    10730 H
    10759 H
    10789 H

How is it possible ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Only the owner (and probably the outfit they use to provide the program channels and Infrastructure) can provide you with the correct information regarding the actual setup and configuration. ... which you need to know.
    They might be providing it through a satellite dish on the roof of the apartment block or via cable services or a combination of both as I experienced in Munich.
    The alternative (and easier) is do you have a balcony or a SE facing window where you have the facility to attach a small dish? You only have to wonder around your apartment block to see what others have done ... I also live in Germany and I am always amazed at what is possible - dishes hang from everywhere and somehow manage to pick up 19.2E... some are just temporary while the user is watching and then pulled into the apartment . .... and NO, they cannot block you from erecting a dish if they are unable to provide French services to you....(at least not in Germany)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K