Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dish motor..hmmm???

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 886 Posts
    My motorised dish is on a South facing wall and receives from 56E to 58W (although 58W is gone now). As long as your T & K brackets are long enough you should have enough standoff for a 1.1 - 1.2m dish. I had plenty of clearance with my 1.1m dish. The wind load on 1m+ dish is very high and mounting it on a pole above the gutter line is not a good idea as the wind can sweep down the roof. Also, as Huevos said in an earlier post, fine adjusting the motor and dish would be very difficult unless you have a stable platform to work from. Additionally, mounting the brackets that high on the wall (near the wall plate), particularly into brick may cause cracks in the structure - ideally the pole and dish would fold before the masonry does
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    So what would be the best bet then? I have had advice from lot of people some say put it in the ground but my south facing wall is my garden wall and there are fences on either side im guessing it will interfere with the signal no? I have a 1m dish btw
    VU+ Solo2 with 1TB HDD, Running Latest OpenVix with 1M Motorised dish Running Smooth as a babies Bottom

Title
    Thanks
    Latitude:51.521928051° 31' 18.94'' N
    Longitude:-0.57916800° 34' 45.00'' W
    Elevation:31.00 m

Thats my long lat etc can one of you helpful lot use that to help me with what sats i can get with a 1M dish motorised. I would be greatful. I have checked Satbeams but its going straight over my head also if you can help me with what would be the best option for installation to get most satellites as possible
    VU+ Solo2 with 1TB HDD, Running Latest OpenVix with 1M Motorised dish Running Smooth as a babies Bottom

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think your best just letting a installer put the dish up. Any decent one will know where you can get maximum coverage with a 1m dish.
    VU+ DUO2 Always Current Vix Build Gibertini 1.2m Motorised

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm iv had a thought but dont know if it will work. Say i put my dish up on south facing wall (Garden) and leave my sky dish up just for local veiwing for sly so i use 1LNB for sky and other for motorised dish would that be worth a try because my south facing wall i can defo get covarage of 0.8w going east but will lose out on 28.2e

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Will your sky dish be on a different wall to the motorised dish is that what your saying?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YzMENTALzY View Post
    Hmm iv had a thought but dont know if it will work. Say i put my dish up on south facing wall (Garden) and leave my sky dish up just for local veiwing for sly so i use 1LNB for sky and other for motorised dish would that be worth a try because my south facing wall i can defo get covarage of 0.8w going east but will lose out on 28.2e
    What direction does the rear of the house face??? assuming East from your co-ordinates when entered into google maps.

If your house is on the even number side of road Can you not cement a 6ft high ground pole in garden????? or even with T&K straight on to front of house

If your house is on the odd numbers side of road then from your properties back wall looking out at garden you will get 28E with a 18-24" T&K Bracket

Title
    Thanks
    The rear of the house faces directly south the front of house faces ENE thats the problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    My motorised dish is on a South facing wall and receives from 56E to 58W (although 58W is gone now). As long as your T & K brackets are long enough you should have enough standoff for a 1.1 - 1.2m dish. I had plenty of clearance with my 1.1m dish. The wind load on 1m+ dish is very high and mounting it on a pole above the gutter line is not a good idea as the wind can sweep down the roof. Also, as Huevos said in an earlier post, fine adjusting the motor and dish would be very difficult unless you have a stable platform to work from. Additionally, mounting the brackets that high on the wall (near the wall plate), particularly into brick may cause cracks in the structure - ideally the pole and dish would fold before the masonry does
    I pointed this out earlier dont think people realise the amount of windload big dishes can create on the fixings and the property itself

As a pause for thought for people a 1m sold dish with 60MPH gusts of wind can create up to 4 tonnes (momentarily with constant of about 0.75 tonne) of load on the fixings now if your dish is mounted higher than between the brackets up a pole that gets magnified so even at 3 feet above the mountings that can create almost 14 tonnes (momentarily with constant of about 3 tonne) of pressure on everything. Mesh dishes reduce load by approximately 40% upto 50mph wind any stronger than that and there wind loads are the same as solid dishes

Often in strong winds TV aerials blow down yet there surface area is a fraction on a dish.

Hence why its never good idea to mount such a big dish above a gutter line.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The rear of the house faces directly south the front of house faces ENE thats the problem

How is a south facing rear a problem its the best you can get for a motorized system

Title
    Thanks
    No i meant if i put it in front of house thats the problem because south i wont be able to get 28.2e or it will be very very difficult to

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No i meant if i put it in front of house thats the problem because south i wont be able to get 28.2e or it will be very very difficult to

Why would you want it mounted on front of house when rear of house is best option and also would mean its not visible to everyone

Title
    Thanks
    I dont want it in the front but i wont be able to get uk sly channels in the back which would be a problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That is exactly what i was thinking, hence why i asked the question is the sky dish mounted on a different wall. If your rear facing wall is south like you say there will be no problem getting 28.2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast