Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM schedule scan

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ABM schedule scan

A week ago I configured ABM for a schedule scan @ 22:00 on a 30 day interval.

Since then EVERY day at 21:50 ABM wants to scan.

Is the 30 day interval actually working in Hades 18 or is the problem that the settings are being lost if the box is placed in deep standby every day and on booting the box believes the date is in 1970?

Irrespective of the date why is it triggering a reliable 10 minutes early?

abm_configure1.jpgabm_log.jpg
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    By the look of it the timer is reset at GUI restart.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Would setting time via NTP help? I've noticed that since I've done this, my log files don't have that 1970 date... And it may help with the 10 minute fast thing?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArowonA View Post
    Would setting time via NTP help?
    ABM knows when the clock is not set.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

ArowonA (21-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    ABM knows when the clock is not set.
    Obviously not

The log when I let ABM perform a requested schedule scan shows the next schedule time is set to 30 days in the future. BUT the next day it will scan again (always 10 minutes early) and when the time/date reported by the box have been stable and correct for a number of hours beforehand.

If on power up from deep standby the box believes the time/date are in 1970 then the ABM auto schedule scan time difference will very large interval of more than 30 days. If however the box gets the time/date from the transponder the ABM should see that it is much less than 30 days and shouldn't trigger again today/tomorrow.

I'm not sure that using NTP would help as I don't necessarily have my router connected during the box power-up from deep standby, hence the use of transponder time synchronisation.

The behaviour that I'm seeing suggests that perhaps ABM is not saving the information related to the 30 day time interval or that the timer is being triggered during an unstable state during boot-up from deep standby and ABM DOESN'T know when the clock is not set correctly.
    Last edited by adm; 21-07-15 at 22:48.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Obviously not
    Your screenshots prove that it does (so does the code below).

Code:
    #main.py, line 557
    if now > 1262304000:
    Like I said already the timer is reset on GUI restart.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Re: Miraclebox Premium Twin

When the box is in deep standby the front panel controller is not keeping time correctly. I have discovered that it is running about two minutes fast in each hour. So, if the box is due to wake at 18.00 and is in deep standby for 24 hours it will wake at 17.12 or thereabouts. I have done several tests over the past day and it is quite consistent. 12 hours in deep standby will wake the box 24 minutes early, 6 hours in deep standby will cause the box to wake 12 minutes early etc.
    Last edited by Huevos; 24-07-15 at 19:24.