Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Connecting Solo to Zero

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Connecting Solo to Zero

Taken from WOS website

Vu+ Zero is a smart choice for those using HDD integrated Vu+ models like SOLO2 and DUO2. Let's assume you use Vu+ Zero in your room. Once connected in your home network, you can play multimedia contents stored in DUO2 or SOLO2 in the living room.

My Solo and Zero are connected to my home network how do I now achieve this ?
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you need to use NFS and setup on both boxes, once done you need to go into menu through zero and click - setup, setting, network, mounts setup. click network browser and it will start a search . once you see your other box click this, say no to password/username, do down to media/hdd click ok, and say no to password/username, then in mount editor, change mount using to enigma2 (mount using E2) press ok and it will start setup. once done go into recordings and click yellow button location, you should see your other boxes hdd, click this and go into movies and from there you should have access that is saved. every time you go into the recoding's, this should start automatically

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply.
    I have followed the instructions and all appeared well but when i get to /media/hdd/movie i just see the trashcan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had a choice of mediahdd and mediahdd2 - I tried both with the same result.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Have a look at this guide, may help.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...y-with-ViX-3-0

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

duoduo (18-07-15),Willmoore (18-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Following the guide - the X on the hdd is not changing to a green globe. I have redone it several times but no joy.
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i take it that your hdd is mounted on your solo2 and recheck mountings are set correctly if using usb for epg.solo2 has nfs running and connected to internet.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You are choosing the hard disk option aren't you? When you go into media you choose location to locate the solo2 hdd. I have the exact same boxes and been meaning to do this for a while, so the guide above prompted me and although it does take a while to load at first it works perfectly for me.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Willmoore (19-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    You are choosing the hard disk option aren't you? When you go into media you choose location to locate the solo2 hdd. I have the exact same boxes and been meaning to do this for a while, so the guide above prompted me and although it does take a while to load at first it works perfectly for me.
    In post #3 pic1 and post #4 it shows what I have selected - I assume this is correct ? NFS is running on both boxes so I can not see what I am doing wrong. I have redone it several times but the X will not change to a Green Globe.
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As you were ! user error. I kept using media/hdd and not the harddrive as pointed out by lgleave22 (thanks). Excellent feature.
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Lol.. That's where I thought you were going wrong mate, glad your all sorted now.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

cactikid (19-07-15)