Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Regional names

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Regional names

Hello I have noticed that there seems to have been a new section added to sky UK XML, this effectively renames my ITV channels to ITV Granada, ITV Granada +1 and ITV Granada HD, I don't like or am not used to them being regionalised like that, they are not named like that in my cable or freeview bouquets as well as that they now require me to rename my snp's to match. I have found a way to edit the XML so they scan in as normal, but on every update I will have to re-edit the XML, can you not add a switch in the settings to bypass regional channel naming?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The renames only affect 28.2. It is achieved solely by the use of the xml file so a switch will not be possible.

You don't have to rename the SNPs, just use these symlinks if stored on an ext file system.
    Code:
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvborderscotland.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvlondon.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvcentralsouth.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvcentraleast.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvcentralsw.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvwest.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvwestcountry.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvangliaeast.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvgranada.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvmeridiansouth.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvmeridianeast.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvmeridiannorth.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvyorkshirewest.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvyorkshireeast.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvchannelisles.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvcentral.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvangliawest.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvtynetees.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvborder.png
    ln -s ./itv.png ./itvwales.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1wales.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1yorkshire.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1westcountry.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1tynetees.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1west.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1anglia.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1central.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1london.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1granada.png
    ln -s ./itvplus1.png ./itvplus1meridian.png
    ln -s ./stv.png ./stvgrampian.png
    ln -s ./stv.png ./stvscottisheast.png
    ln -s ./stv.png ./stvscottishwest.png
    ln -s ./itvhd.png ./itvmeridiansouthhd.png
    ln -s ./itvhd.png ./itvcentralwesthd.png
    ln -s ./itvhd.png ./itvlondonhd.png
    ln -s ./itvhd.png ./itvgranadahd.png

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    ITV channels used to have the region in the name and some still do (just like BBC One/Two).

One of the sticking points with SNP was that regional picons was not possible for ITV regions.
    Last edited by Huevos; 18-07-15 at 13:32.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    But my ITV channels used to just say ITV HD for example, they still do on cable, freeview and freesat, this is how I prefer them on sky bouquet also, like I said I have edited XML to do this, why you had to change I don't know and all I was asking is is it possible for you to add a setting that turns of regional naming, I know where I live I don't need or want the box to tell me, the name of the channel I watch is ITV HD not ITV Granada HD.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    As was said above the regional data was added because the SNP code currently has no way to differentiate between regions, so either live with the regions and enjoy the added benefits the SNP code brings to the picons or do without.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    But my ITV channels used to just say ITV HD for example, they still do on cable, freeview and freesat,
    Not necessary in Freeview because it is only transmitting the local region. Freesat does not have a channel_id that is unique to the channel so this would not be possible without continual maintenance.

why you had to change I don't know
    So people could tell which region was which.

all I was asking is is it possible for you to add a setting that turns of regional naming
    As Abu explained above this is done in the provider file, not the plugin. To have a switch would mean modifying the plugin, but the plugin does not have provider specific hacks so this is not possible.
    I know where I live
    This wasn't added to help people learn where they live; it was done to make it easy to zap to a particular region.

this is how I prefer them on sky bouquet also, like I said I have edited XML to do this,
    I don't need or want the box to tell me, the name of the channel I watch is ITV HD not ITV Granada HD.
    If you are not happy with the provider's file supplied with the image you are welcome to make and maintain your own. Name it something different and it won't be overwritten on updates.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It is easy to remove the ITV naming section from the .xml, have a look at it, it's obvious which part it is. You may want to leave the other regions named in case you ever want to watch anything on a different region.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

would you be able to help me as I try to "select and sort" the list as I struggle when I have to rattle through available versions of each channel.

I have no programming skills!

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard-001 For This Useful Post:

Huevos (24-07-15)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard-001 View Post
    Hi,

would you be able to help me as I try to "select and sort" the list as I struggle when I have to rattle through available versions of each channel.

I have no programming skills!

Thanks
    Can you be more specific? What provider and what channels do you want to sort? How do you want to sort them?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I have just corrected an error with the STV East/West renames. Missed the next image build. Should be included in the one after.

Thanks to Lincsat for highlighting this error.

For those whoc cannot wait, correct ones are:
    6220: "STV Scottish West",
    6371: "STV Scottish East",

Code:
    [Manager] Reading sat_282_sky_uk (sd_scottish_east)...
    [Tools] Transponder provider name sat_282_sky_uk
    [DvbScanner] Adapter 0
    [DvbScanner] Demuxer 0
    [DvbScanner] Frontend 1
    [DvbScanner] DVBType dvbs
    [DvbScanner] NIT pid: 0x10
    [DvbScanner] NIT current table id: 0x40
    [DvbScanner] NIT other table id: 0x41
    [DvbScanner] SDT pid: 0x11
    [DvbScanner] SDT current table id: 0x42
    [DvbScanner] SDT other table id: 0x46
    [DvbScanner] BAT pid: 0x11
    [DvbScanner] BAT table id: 0x4a
    [DvbScanner] Reading transponders...
    [DvbScanner] demuxer_device /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
    [DvbScanner] nit_pid 16
    [DvbScanner] nit_current_table_id 64
    [DvbScanner] mask 254
    [DvbScanner] frontend 1
    <294202.009348> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
    [DvbScanner] Scan complete, netid:  None
    [DvbScanner] Added/Updated 80 transponders with network_id = 0x20
    [DvbScanner] Reading services...
    [DvbScanner] Read 650 services with bouquet_id = 0x1002
    [DvbScanner] Reading services extra info...
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'BBC One Scot', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 101, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 2004, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [101], 'service_id': 6421, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2047, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'BBC Two Scot', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 102, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 2016, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [102], 'service_id': 6422, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2047, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 38, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'STV', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 103, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 6371, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [103], 'service_id': 10221, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2054, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'Channel 4', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 104, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 1626, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [104], 'service_id': 9216, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2041, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'Channel 5', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 105, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 1830, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [105], 'service_id': 7703, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2057, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    Code:
    [Manager] Reading sat_282_sky_uk (sd_scottish_west)...
    [Tools] Transponder provider name sat_282_sky_uk
    [DvbScanner] Adapter 0
    [DvbScanner] Demuxer 0
    [DvbScanner] Frontend 1
    [DvbScanner] DVBType dvbs
    [DvbScanner] NIT pid: 0x10
    [DvbScanner] NIT current table id: 0x40
    [DvbScanner] NIT other table id: 0x41
    [DvbScanner] SDT pid: 0x11
    [DvbScanner] SDT current table id: 0x42
    [DvbScanner] SDT other table id: 0x46
    [DvbScanner] BAT pid: 0x11
    [DvbScanner] BAT table id: 0x4a
    [DvbScanner] Reading transponders...
    [DvbScanner] demuxer_device /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
    [DvbScanner] nit_pid 16
    [DvbScanner] nit_current_table_id 64
    [DvbScanner] mask 254
    [DvbScanner] frontend 1
    <294525.066135> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
    [DvbScanner] Scan complete, netid:  None
    [DvbScanner] Added/Updated 80 transponders with network_id = 0x20
    [DvbScanner] Reading services...
    [DvbScanner] Read 651 services with bouquet_id = 0x1002
    [DvbScanner] Reading services extra info...
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'BBC One Scot', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 101, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 2004, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [101], 'service_id': 6421, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2047, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'BBC Two Scot', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 102, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 2016, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [102], 'service_id': 6422, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2047, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 37, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'STV', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 103, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 6220, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [103], 'service_id': 10220, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2054, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'Channel 4', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 104, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 1626, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [104], 'service_id': 9216, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2041, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    {'region_id': 255, 'free_ca': 0, 'original_network_id': 2, 'service_name': 'Channel 5', 'namespace': 18481152, 'number': 105, 'service_type': 1, 'channel_id': 1830, 'flags': 0, 'numbers': [105], 'service_id': 7703, 'descriptor_tag': 177, 'transport_stream_id': 2057, 'provider_name': 'BSkyB'}
    I have attached an updated UK XML file. Extracted file goes in
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 25-07-15 at 16:06. Reason: XML file attached