Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 28.2e HD and cable mix

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    @jasper1974 are you really trying to teach an ABM developer how to suck ABM shaped eggs?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    @jasper1974 are you really trying to teach an ABM developer how to suck ABM shaped eggs?

Not at all as without his help i would not have got where i am now he made learning it so simple although took 2 night

All i am saying is when you look at my original question when i started the thread what i said was not misleading which i have taken offence to

If the thread had been how do i change the sly hd to vm hd channels then yes it would be misleading as i would be getting rid of some of the sky line up

But thats not what the thread was about so what i said and was 100% correct

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    By saying i was misleading would imply that what i had said was wrong and would not work. Yet it does work in a better way

there is more than one way to skin a cat and neither of the suggestions by Abu or myself are wrong but its a preference thing.

Now you have shoot me down for maybe having worked out a better way of doing something just because im not a developer now i dont want to cause a argument but thats not a community spirit just because someone has another way of doing something why not try it and see for yourself if you dont like it then youve lost nothing
    Last edited by jasper1974; 29-07-15 at 19:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Pretty sure that if you ask most people if they want "HD chanenls as well as SD ones" or "remove working SD chanenls and just have HD cable ones" most people would take the former option.

Advising somone to use Custom mode is wrong. There was no need to make that suggestion. Nobody is shooting you down. You have not found a better way.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Pretty sure that if you ask most people if they want "HD chanenls as well as SD ones" or "remove working SD chanenls and just have HD cable ones"
    With my way they get both (OMG what a shocker) so please come back with a sensible reply your misleading this thread to believe my way would be SD only. yet it only actually changes 1 (one) Channel

Advising somone to use Custom mode is wrong
    Then why is it in ABM it not wrong its just not agreeing with your opinion again im shot down for having one ( thought we lived in a democratic society) and it works as intended still so again NOT wrong. have you even done a scan with the XML and used custom as if you have PLEASE tell me whats wrong with it rather than saying its just wrong some substance to the argument would be good as ive given full details of whats wrong with the original way but nobody can actually point out whats wrong with my way.

For me Custom worked better as would rather have a watchable sky atlantic at its proper number 108 than a HD version i cant watch and then have to keep trying to find it in the EPG to watch it again personal preference dont know why everyone is so high up on only using the HD search if that the case and there was no demand for the custom version why was it put into the ABM program because from what your saying it serves no purpose.

Oh i know why its because the custom version isnt actually the work of the ABM team it was an import from someone else who thought the HD scan wasnt up to scratch.

I dont want to argue with you lot as you have helped so much but all i ask is you actually run the custom rather than hd scan and then come back and tell me what is wrong with it then everything is in the open for others to make up there own mind rather than being dictated to and made to feel like a naughty school boy just for liking something slightly different.
    Last edited by jasper1974; 29-07-15 at 20:51.

Title
    Thanks
    You are right, we are wrong.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You are right, we are wrong.
    No im not saying that im saying both work both giving different result.

As i said earlier without you i wouldnt have worked anything out so i have nothing but praise for you Abu

All i think is wrong is labeling me and my comments as misleading when they were not

Title
    Thanks
    Can you educate me please?

If you use SD line up, what is the channel number for Sky Sports 1 HD
    If you use HD lineup, what is the chanenl number of Sky Sports 1 HD

The SD/Custom numbering is the same. Custom removes non-viewable HD channels, and allows the insert and other niceties,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There was a file uploaded recently. Would need to be updated owing to the Sports reshuffle.

EDIT: File added here.
    Extract and place in the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
    The file was composed based on using HD numbering. You must select a HD region for Sky UK.
    You must make ABM scan cable. You do not have to create the cable bouquets though.
    I had a read though all that, and the guides, I just wanted some clarification...

I plan to use "CustomLCN" to rearrange some sky uk channel numbers (put all bt sport hd channels together)
    and also "CustomMix" too, to replace the sd versions of channels on sky uk with the HD equivalents from Cable.
    I am scanning Sky ROI too without bouquet, to include setanta 423, and 424 within my standard sky uk bouquet (I don't want cable bouquet, or ROI bouquet, just sky uk section bouquets)

What I would like to know is:
    1) can "CustomLCN" and "CustomMix" both be used at same time, or can I only use one.
    2) And should I pick Sky UK area London Custom or London HD (as I want setanta channels and cable hd channels within the sky uk section bouquets, without extra bouquets)

I am planning to get a new quad tuner box soon so I want to understand and see if I can achieve this, before I spent more money.

Thanks.
    Last edited by zino; 03-02-16 at 00:04.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Use a favourites xml.
    In Ireland, even with a sub, FreeSat (UK) gives you some HD channels that are hard to add/view EPG on a SKY box.
    Scan FreeSat (UK), SKY ROI, SKY UK in any order, using your favourites.xml to place channels where you want.
    Even better if you have a DVB-T tuner to add Saorview channels.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (03-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I am scanning Sky ROI too without bouquet, to include setanta 423, and 424
    if you use xxx_custom, those channels will be included in the UK channel list.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,964 Times in 3,280 Posts
    Use CustomMix. Using Favourites means immutable lists. Favourites is mainly for small bouquets with a handful of channels. If you are using CustomMix why would you want to use CustomLCN? CustomLCN is for ordering providers that do not have LCN.
    Last edited by Huevos; 03-02-16 at 01:56.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Use CustomMix. Using Favourites means immutable lists. Favourites is mainly for small bouquets with a handful of channels. If you are using CustomMix why would you want to use CustomLCN? CustomLCN is for ordering providers that do not have LCN.
    Guide said CustomLCN is the one to use for swaps within a provider.
    I have found a file that does cutommix, customlcn and channel delete all in one CustomMix file so I will be ediiting and using that.

Thanks for for thehelp.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,964 Times in 3,280 Posts
    I'm well aware wait the guide says, I wrote it. CustomLCN changes the master dict. CustomMix changes the output only.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    EDIT: File added here.
    Extract and place in the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
    The file was composed based on using HD numbering. You must select a HD region for Sky UK.
    You must make ABM scan cable. You do not have to create the cable bouquets though.

Thanks can I still use channel swap or leave that as it is? I've also made some personal edits to the sat_282_sky_uk.xml file will these still stay in place? And is there an updated version or is this the best to use?
    Last edited by dsayers; 19-03-16 at 10:32.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast