Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No internet (different user)

Title
    Thanks

No internet (different user)

I have just bought an ET8000 to replace my VU+Duo and im experiencing some very strange issues with the internet connection.

Day 1 , set up all fine, no problems.

Day 2, no connection.

powered down and re powered, no change.

Powered down for around 15 minutes and connection fine again.

Had to restart enigma to enable a plugin and the restart killed off the connection again.

Reflashed with latest Vix Hades today to try and overcome the problem, upon first boot, cannot complete the internet connection wizard.

If I check in the adapteer settings, Im seeing N/A on the 3 sets of info atr the bottom of page... IP address, gateway etc...

The green light on the ethernet connection is lit. If i do a network test it passes the ethernet connected part, fails the Ip address and DCHP.

Am I missing something or maybe a faulty box?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Daz

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What cams are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    Also, it does seem to get a lot hotter than my Duo ever did.

Title
    Thanks
    I installed Ccam 2.3 as it was the fiirst one that was shown on the downloads page. I intend to update the cam

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Thanks. That rules the Cam out.

Title
    Thanks
    I have just skipped the wizard set up and since I have reflashed, the cams have been deleted anyway. I have no plug ins active and no cams but the only way I can get a network is by powering down for around 15 minutes.
    Really strange.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Anything else on your network using the same IP?

Title
    Thanks
    I nearly posted up with a similar problem with the internet connection during initial setup when I set my new box up (GI LX3) which came with Hades 13 - it was saying it was failing the internet checks even though I was connected onto the box and could see there was internet access. I did a few reboots and factory resets and then it started working all by itself which is why I put it down to a problem with the other end rather than the box.

Maybe there's too much load or a glitch on whatever test the box does to check the connection during the first initial setup wizard?

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing else using same IP, no.

Im just reinstalling everything now, I have swapped the HDD as I just mitgrated my disc from the Duo, was not sure if any residual settings could be effecting my new box so out it came. Re-flashed, rescanned and now going to get Cccam 3.2 and try again.

Thanks for the help, ill report back

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aido View Post
    I nearly posted up with a similar problem with the internet connection during initial setup when I set my new box up (GI LX3) which came with Hades 13 - it was saying it was failing the internet checks even though I was connected onto the box and could see there was internet access. I did a few reboots and factory resets and then it started working all by itself which is why I put it down to a problem with the other end rather than the box.

Maybe there's too much load or a glitch on whatever test the box does to check the connection during the first initial setup wizard?
    It started when I restarted enigma initially. I dont think it is tied into the wizard specifically, at least my issue is not.

Title
    Thanks
    Not much help, but i have the same box and probably from same batch.
    Using same image and not had any issues here.

Title
    Thanks
    It has been working flawlessly since my last post.... i have just tried to reboot enigma and upon restart, no network! IP address, Network and gateway all say N/A. If I turn off DHCP and input manuallly they all show the correct settings but network is still dead. Im beginning to think the box is faulty perhaps.

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe its my virgin media superhub being a twat? I cannot see how though.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    aha i have same box and from the start taking much much longer to get a network connection,reflashed today with hades 14,and could not get internet workingbrought box to router and used a short lan cable it connected,went in to scan my cable channels,still short and went to rescan again and got spinning vix image10 mins later i powered off at rear and could not get to autoscan cable re spinning vix.this happened before and was told to reflash=nope not worked.previous had cccam 2.30.

new image downloaded 1.38 and 2.30 kodidirect,epg refresh and stuck with no network now

new cables put in since last image,new lan cable 20 feet from box to router.
    network wizard cannot get internet working.
    i agree box is very hot much hotter than vu duo.
    unsure if i have a wifi usb to see if that works.
    router has been powered off as well as the box ,no joy.
    dhp always say yes

how long does a box take to get an ip address? other 5 sat boxes the odd time i lose connection but get them back in about 5 mins,over 1 hr trying different things to get the 8000 going.

i dont have vm as in ireland.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    update i flashed with apollo 166 from archives and box got a connection when running setup

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast