Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic tune fails and AutoBouquetMaker tuner lock

Title
    Thanks

Question Automatic tune fails and AutoBouquetMaker tuner lock

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this and am having trouble setting up a TM-Nano 2 Super ([xxxxxxxx no links to other retailers]).

I have tried both openvix-Hades.012 and openvix-Apollo.166 (downloaded from http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM-Nano2-Super/).

I am in NW England and have a single fixed satellite dish connected to the receiver in "Line Input 1" (nothing connected to "Line Input 2").

"Tuner A" is set to:
    Configuration mode: Simple
    Mode: Single
    Satellite: 28.2 Astra
    DiSEqC: No

"Tuner B" is set to:
    Configuration mode: Not configured

Problems:
    1. I tried setting "Tuner A" satellite to automatic, but every time it tried to tune (for each satellite) it failed.
    2. I tried to use AutoBouquetMaker to scan for channels, but every time it says "Timeout for Tuner Lock" before finding anything.

To get a list of providers I set "Tuner A" satellite to Astra and then managed to find some channels (about 200 I think) with an automatic scan. Most of these channels have no signal (not scrambled, just won't pick up). There are also some sky channels, but not all of them (e.g. sky movies is missing).

The providers I have are: FreeSat, Sky ROI, and Sky UK.

I also have a Skybox F5, which works fine with my single fixed dish (using the same cable).

So I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's wrong/how to fix it? I have tried the following:

1) Switch cable from "Line Input 1" to "Line Input 2" and set "Tuner A" to not configured and "Tuner B" to simple, single, Astra, no DiSEqC.
    2) Set "Tuner B" to loopthrough to "Tuner A"
    3) Set "Tuner B" to equal "Tuner A"
    4) Different combinations of providers (all 3, only Sky UK, etc).

I'm just completely stumped especially given how simple my setup is. I'm guessing it shouldn't matter if I use "Line Input 1" with "Tuner A" or "Line Input 2" with "Tuner B"?

Also I can FTP to the box fine, perhaps I could download a channel list? If so maybe someone could tell me what to download and where to put it?

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Sicilian; 18-06-15 at 05:29. Reason: link removed.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you have only found 200 chanenls, there could be something wrong with your dish alignment/lnb/cabling. You should be getting over 900 channels on non-ABM scan. Are you able to test receiver at another place or test another receiver at your place?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    So you only have a single feed? Can you connect feed to Tuner A and Set Tuner B to loopthrough to Tuner A. Try these settings for Tuner A. Advanced, 28.3 and LNB1 and save settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Just re-read your post again and see mention of teh other receiver.

Please test as follows:
    Check connection/f-plug.
    Connect coaxial cable to tuner B. Set that as simple, single, 28.2
    Set tuner A as not configured.

Perform a single satellite scan for 28.2 and report back with the results. Apologies if you have done this already.

Title
    Thanks
    Also get rid of freesat and ROI in providers and just concentrate on Sky UK, select your region, go with "CustomRegion" and run ABM and see what that produces.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Btw, "CustomRegion" in providers (ABM) is only available on Hades.

Title
    Thanks
    ABM uses this frequency for acquiring data for Sky on 28.2. If you don't get a lock, it won't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    If you have checked cable/connection and still have a problem, speak to your retailer. Could be a faulty receiver. Follow their instructions/tests as best as you can. They will advise what to do.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu and Andy,

Thanks for your advice and sorry for the delay.

I tried each of your settings in turn with no luck.

I was wrong when I said 200 channels, I actually pick up 500, but still nowhere near the 900 you suggest is normal.

When using the "Sat finder" with "user defined transponder" settings in the picture above I got 0% SNR, 0% AGC, 0% BER, and no lock. When set to "predefined transponder" it gets around 80% SNR, 95% AGC, 0% BER, and a lock. When scrolling through the different predefined transponders it gets about the same for a few.

So I guess the problem is I get 0% and no lock for the transponder settings in the picture? How would I fix this (if this is the problem)?

I mean could I change ABM to use a different frequency as a workaround? Or perhaps I could get a channel list from somewhere?

Also although my Skybox F5 (using AJ's channel list) seems to work ok for the most part, there are some channels that don't work, perhaps that's linked to this.
    Last edited by sanitykey; 20-06-15 at 12:24.

Title
    Thanks
    If you are using the latest chanenl list for your other receiever, then the two results would indicate an issue with your LNB/cabling. That frequency is used for acquiring the EPG data and is available to most of Europe. So you really nned to be able to receiver it.

Although I'm pretty sure it is LNB/cabling related, you can confirm this by testing your new receiver with another dish if possible.

Lraizer's plugin uses satme tranponder as the active chanenl. That will make your bouquets for now, but you will still have the reception issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu,

I've just thoroughly tested my other receiver with its updated channel list and it seems absolutely fine (all channels seem ok).

I tried Lraizer's plugin, which I got from here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...28Satellite%29

Specifically this version: enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20150531r1_all.ipk

My settings at this point are back to Tuner A = simple, single, 28.2, no DiSEqC, Tuner B = not configured.

At first the plugin wouldn't install, some sort of "could not lock" issue, but after a few tries it installed. I set my region, changed it to all channels, and left everything else as default. I started the scan and it seemed to finish without any problems. I then exited the menu and went to satellites, but could only see a handful of radio services??? I then went to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets/", deleted "autobouquetsreader" and "autobouquetsreader.sh4", uploaded "autobouquetsreader.sh4" from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...28Satellite%29 (specifically http://www.world-of-satellite.com/at...3&d=1430180301) and renamed it to "autobouquetsreader".

After restarting the box I had some TV services. Still lots of duplicated channels, and many showing no signal strength, although some did work. I'm guessing if this worked the channels should be ordered in some way and with signal strength bars.

Given my other receiver is working fine after the channel list update, I'm not sure what's going wrong.
    Last edited by sanitykey; 20-06-15 at 17:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Adding variables confuses issues. Your receiver does not have an SH4 cpu, it has a mips one. You should have just installed the version that is inb teh plugin download section. AB 28.2 uses a default sevice if none exists on the receiver. This causes a hiccup if it has changed. If you select a channel and then select your bouquets, then the hiccup is gone.

If you are sure that your other receiver can tune to the transponder I posted, then there is somtheing wrong with your receiver. You have to be sure though. We have had people test incorrectly. We have had people configure tuners incorrectly.

If you perform a scan on your other receiver, how many chanenls do you get?

Maybe a silly question, are you using a splitter of sorts?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu, so if I understand correctly from the beginning this is what I should do:

1) Install openvix-Hades.012
    2) Set
    Tuner A: Simple, Single, 28.2, no DiSEqC
    Tuner B: not configured
    (other settings don't really matter)
    3) Do a single automatic scan ~ finding about 500 channels (should be 900 but we ignore this for now)
    4) Put "enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20150531r1_all.ipk" into "/tmp" folder (via ftp)
    5) Do Menu -> Setup -> System -> VIX -> Install Local Extension -> "enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20150531r1_all.ipk"

6) Select/start watching a channel (found in the previous automatic scan)? <-- Is this what you mean? If so does which channel matter?

7) Go to Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetMaker 28.2 -> Menu -> Select MyRegion, All Channels (everything else default) -> Green button (for Ok) -> Green button (for Start)
    8) Go to Sat -> ... ??? ... Not sure what to expect from this point?

Is this correct? What should I be seeing at step 8?

I don't have a splitter and I'll have to check the number of channels (don't want to mess up the other receiver), but the other receiver doesn't seem to have any problems with its updated channel list.
    Last edited by sanitykey; 21-06-15 at 09:08.

Title
    Thanks
    6. Correct. Be on a viewable channel.
    7. Slight difference in name, AutoBouquet E2, otherwise everything else is correct.
    8. Press the "TV" button, you should see your favourites/categories/genres. They are called "bouquets" by the E2 community. If you are in a differnt screen, blue is usuually favourites

You must determine whether your other receiver using the same cabling as your TM receives 900+ channels. If it doesn't there, there is soemthing wrong with dish /lnb/cabling. If it does then there is something wrong with your TM. It is better you get this determined ASAP.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok so I just went through that process (seemingly) without any problems.

But when I go to TV I only see "Favourites (TV)", which is empty and "Last Scanned", which contains the 500 odd channels from the automatic scan (in no particular order). I don't see any categories or genres. Also you say the name should be "AutoBouquet E2" but in Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> it's "AutoBouquet 28.2E". This is from "enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20150531r1_all.ipk" Is this is incorrect?
    Last edited by sanitykey; 21-06-15 at 13:21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast