Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will TM Twin with Vix look the same as Vu+ & how can I control it from another room?

Title
    Thanks

Will TM Twin with Vix look the same as Vu+ & how can I control it from another room?

Guys

I am looking at purchasing a Technomate TM-Twin-OE Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver from the sponsors site. I have a Vu+ Zero with Vix Haydes on and it is great, if I was to get the Technomate TM-Twin-OE with Enigma 2 on and Haydes, will it be exactly the same as the Vu+? Obviously the remote will be different etc but with the UI be exactly the same?

I have also noticed it has RF Out on it. Where we have RF cables to each room for watching Sly in different room, originally with Sly I had a magic eye where it was female to male allowing me to plug the RF cable into the Magic eye and then the magic eye into the TV. The magic eye allowed me to control the box downstairs without moving. Is there something i can get which will allow me to do this with the TM box?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Rgds

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The user interface is the same whatever receiver you use the image on.

Not sure about the magic eye, someone with experience using one may answer. However, on all E2 boxes you can use apps on phones to control them.

I appreciate that you want the RF Modulator aspect. Not many receivers have these nowadays. A separate can be bought. Personally, I would buy a receiver with a newer CPU and more RAM and teh separate modulator. The Nano 2 Super or even 3T combo would be a better investment.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The user interface is the same whatever receiver you use the image on.

Not sure about the magic eye, someone with experience using one may answer. However, on all E2 boxes you can use apps on phones to control them.

I appreciate that you want the RF Modulator aspect. Not many receivers have these nowadays. A separate can be bought. Personally, I would buy a receiver with a newer CPU and more RAM and teh separate modulator. The Nano 2 Super or even 3T combo would be a better investment.
    Hi

Looking online at RF Modulators a few of them have scart inputs which then go to RF. Can these boxes output scart and hdmi at the same time do you know?

With the UI side of things that is great!

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    TM Twin is very dated now imo, better boxes about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    RF Modulator/Magic Eye is pants technology. You are so much better off getting something like this >>
    Code:
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111450816069

Last edited by Rob van der Does; 07-06-15 at 05:15. Reason: No live external links please.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    RF Modulator/Magic Eye is pants technology.
    Exactly: the worst video quality you can get.....

Why not buy the cheapest box available and connect via LAN to the main box? HD quality and not dependant on what is showing on the master bo.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Tm twin is a great box, I have two. Rf out works brilliant despite the above comments. I have the boxes running via rf all around the house and the quality is excellent. Rf frequency can be changed on the box to improve picture in cases of interference. With most channels in SD the picture can appear smoother via the rf output. Tsmedia works flawlessly too and the timeshift appears to be sorted now in hades 11. I'd snap one up for £149 any day of the week (if I needed one)

Title
    Thanks
    Its an old old and slow slow receiver in comparison to the Vu+ Solo2, the TM Nano 2-Super, Xtrend ET8K etc. And no matter what you say the rf/modulator is Pants just like sky's magic eye is Pants!! Hideous technology that is.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Its an old old and slow slow receiver in comparison to the Vu+ Solo2, the TM Nano 2-Super, Xtrend ET8K etc. And no matter what you say the rf/modulator is Pants just like sky's magic eye is Pants!! Hideous technology that is.

Out of those three the TM Nano 2-Super is probably the best as it is a bit cheaper then the others.

Is there a way that I could record something on this box and then using another box can I watch something over the network which is recorded on its internal HDD? This would be what I would do if I didn't have RF.

Cheers for replies

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil101 View Post
    Out of those three the TM Nano 2-Super is probably the best as it is a bit cheaper then the others.

Is there a way that I could record something on this box and then using another box can I watch something over the network which is recorded on its internal HDD? This would be what I would do if I didn't have RF.

Cheers for replies
    I cannot edit it but i have just found TSMedia. Instead of spending more on another Enigma 2 box, is there a device that does what enigma 2 does where it will stream programmes and recordings from the box downstairs internal HDD.

This would replace RF. As i would only use RF to watch recordings.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Yes u could network mount the hdd's.

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    As i said before the rf out is excellent picture if it's set up correctly with decent coax

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    No, it's not. RF is composite, which is the lowest form of video-live. See
    Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_video

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Ffs it's only outputting standard definition in the main. Most channels are standard definition unless you're on a motorised system. Rf output is excellent picture. Maybe not for you, but when set up correctly like mine then it's as good or if not better for SD through rf as it isn't intended for a hd output. Period.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 07-06-15 at 22:11. Reason: User request

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    No need for hostilities. It is only a hobby.

At least the OP has both views and can decide for himself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast