Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some example of the LCD screen settings for ET8500

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Some example of the LCD screen settings for ET8500

Been trying to photograph the LCD, very difficult to get decent photos though of the LCD in action.

lcd1.pnglcd2.pnglcd4.pnglcd3.png
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (23-05-15),Clabs (23-05-15),kryton (06-07-16),rossi2000 (23-05-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Sic - looks pretty good. Is the display hardware driven, or software like the Duo2?

I know this box is an unusual form factor but any chance of a mini-review eg how it stacks up performance wise against the likes of the Duo2 and Mut@nt - that sort of thing?

Cheers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Hardware driven, its a live screen, not like the Duo2. Displays live information. So far impressed with it. Will post more soon.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Clabs (25-05-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Screen can also be set to clone Live TV, therefore show exactly whats being outputted on TV.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabs View Post
    Hi Sic - looks pretty good. Is the display hardware driven, or software like the Duo2?

I know this box is an unusual form factor but any chance of a mini-review eg how it stacks up performance wise against the likes of the Duo2 and Mut@nt - that sort of thing?

Cheers
    I have had this box since January and have to say best box I have had (sold my ET8000 & 10000) and bought a 2nd. It,s different, smaller, has (in my view) better engineering, so 2 knurled screws to remove the top (5 secs) to reach the internals and a slideout/pullout for a 2.5 hard disk.
    Then you have the full colour LCD... You can watch TV on it (I have seen somewhere an attachable sound system through the optical out) but obviously not from too far away! But you can also choose from multiple LCD skins available to display very viewable information.
    Plugin tuners (Samsung) are almost the same as the ET8000/ET10000 and hence Mutant.
    Doesn,t have hardware transcoding which is probably the only draw back for some people.
    But also some people will hate it as it looks different from anything else.
    Also has the same easy to use Xtrend remote.
    Last edited by twol; 23-05-15 at 17:30.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (23-05-15),Clabs (25-05-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    But some people will hate it as it looks different from anything else.
    I was concerned I might, but actaully really like the look, even lady friend likes it, so thats a plus

Imo pictures of it dont do it justice, looks nice in the flesh and more compact than it looks in pictures.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Clabs (25-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I was concerned I might, but actaully really like the look, even lady friend likes it, so thats a plus

Imo pictures of it dont do it justice, looks nice in the flesh and more compact than it looks in pictures.
    What I also didn,t say is that my 1st box took a hell of a beating whilst I learnt to build an image for it with frequent power off/on ..... And touch wood has so far been totally resilient
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Clabs (25-05-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, Sic & twol.

It does look a lot bigger in the pictures but just took my tape measure out and was surprised at just how compact it is )

Another quick couple of questions, chaps - if you don't mind?

How tight is the HDD bay? I am wondering if there is space for a 2Tb drive to slot in there because these are a bit taller than 1Tb drives.
    Also wondering how hot the tuners run compared with something like a Duo2 (which run extremely hot).

Cheers, Mark

Title
    Thanks
    What is hardware transcoding and why would I miss it...

I love my ET 9000 and when I have to upgrade I will deffo buy another Xtrend and the 8500 looks good.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    photos of it makes it look huge!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

It does look a lot bigger in the pictures but just took my tape measure out and was surprised at just how compact it is )

How tight is the HDD bay? I am wondering if there is space for a 2Tb drive to slot in there because these are a bit taller than 1Tb drives.
    Also wondering how hot the tuners run compared with something like a Duo2 (which run extremely hot).

Cheers, Mark
    Not noticed any heat at all, will check this evening. Also check the HDD tray.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pembo View Post
    photos of it makes it look huge!
    Yep, the photo's are mis-leading.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...er_name=ET8500

COMPACT DESIGN, ONLY 180MM (W) X 83MM (H) X 200MM (D)
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    photos of it next to an xbox 360 (for example) might put it in perspective

Title
    Thanks

Cheers, Mark
    In a photo it is very diificult without a comparison alongside to show the size (and for some reason nobody has done that). From the front it is significantly smaller, although there is "more" behind than a typical receiver.... But the black and silver looks real good.
    The HDD holder only takes 2.5 and I guess a slimline drive such as from seagate .... I remember somebody tried an old HDD andit was too thick for the holder to go back in .... But that the only time I have seen any issues. Mine run pretty cool (with a 500GB drive) and with the fan not normally in use. ( at least I don,t hear it going).... So I wouldn,t expect a 2TB to be an issue.... But you will have to try it!

I only run with 2 tuners in my receivers but the box is certainly not hotter than the ET8000/10000 receivers I had before. The tuners are basically the same Samsung plugins.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Yep, the photo's are mis-leading.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...er_name=ET8500

COMPACT DESIGN, ONLY 180MM (W) X 83MM (H) X 200MM (D)
    Sicilian.... Wish I could type as fast as you..... By the time i get to answer you have responded about 5 mins before!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast