Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: cam for duo2

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

cam for duo2

Where would the cam go on a duo2, in the file directory on a duo, its usr/softcams, but on the duo2, there is only usr, there is no softcams folder,is it a diferrent directory for the duo2 ????....cheers....
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Did you download the cam from feeds as it may not have created the directory but still same location across boxes

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Did you download the cam from feeds as it may not have created the directory but still same location across boxes
    no m8, i did not download it from the feeds, I'm waiting to ftp it, into the correct location ??

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Urey m8, this is the factory de-fault image that's on the box....so, why no softcam folder the file structure ???

Code:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    Urey m8, this is the factory de-fault image that's on the box....so, why no softcam folder the file structure ???
    Factory default image....??? Put ViX Hades on for the best user experience @ blueboy!! 🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe he wants to keep the factory image?
    I for one would love to know how to add a softcam to the default image on a Vu+ receiver. I tried at one point when i first got my box (it came with VIX installed but wouldn't work correctly with my TV, whereas the Vu+ image did) - I understand that there is a way to do it but i didn't understand enough about Linux to be able to accomplish it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Default image is painful, I shudder at the thought. eeeeewww. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrocop View Post
    Maybe he wants to keep the factory image?
    I for one would love to know how to add a softcam to the default image on a Vu+ receiver. I tried at one point when i first got my box (it came with VIX installed but wouldn't work correctly with my TV, whereas the Vu+ image did) - I understand that there is a way to do it but i didn't understand enough about Linux to be able to accomplish it.
    I think the answer to why it didn't look right on your tv is to do with image overscan on your tv.

Title
    Thanks
    No need to be like that, LOL
    It's not that bad........ but each to their own i guess, but i must admit that i have gone for an alternative image now as it does make life soooooo much easier.

Title
    Thanks
    @Walt - it was nothing to do with overscan - it was an aspect ratio issue - it wouldn't stay in 4:3 mode and defaulted to widescreen regardless of what it was set to, and yes it was VIX specific before you ask! <<Anxiously waiting for all the knives to be hurled at my back>>

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss my issues - this is for Blueboy's softcam query. Thanks for your input though.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Guys, ive updated to the vix hades image, as its far superior to anything else out there, But i`m just a wee bit surprised that the factory vu+ image failed to have a softcam folder in it`s directory, [ could be to keep them out of trouble ... lol ].... Anyway I`m guessing that all i had to do so go back to my duo box and retrieve a copy of the softcam folder and install it into the duo2 with the cam that im using.. ???

Code:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    Guys, ive updated to the vix hades image, as its far superior to anything else out there, But i`m just a wee bit surprised that the factory vu+ image failed to have a softcam folder in it`s directory, [ could be to keep them out of trouble ... lol ].... Anyway I`m guessing that all i had to do so go back to my duo box and retrieve a copy of the softcam folder and install it into the duo2 with the cam that im using.. ???
    No idea why you're having softcam issues?
    Just install the version you want from the plugin feeds.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

wullboy (22-05-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    No idea why you're having softcam issues?
    Just install the version you want from the plugin feeds.
    Judge m8, lol, I'm not having any troubles with a softcam, i bought a new duo2, and when i try to install the cam into the image that came with the box !! there was no softcam folder within its directory, and i was wondering why, so anyway m8, i just install the latest hades image and i'm up and running, no probe ...cheers !!

Code: