Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoBouquetsMaker showing BBC2 SD instead of HD

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    These are the channels I'd like to appear at the top and they're in the order I want
    Why? Half of those channels can't even be viewed on an E2 receiver with the current generation of softcams.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (23-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Because I don't want to look through 2 EPGs (1 for Duo2 and 1 for Official Sky box). This way I only view 1 EPG and I can set freesat programmes to record via the box. I set Sky programmes to record via the Sky website.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Delete the CustomLCN file. Load latest Hades image. Select "London Custom" and HD swap, and do a scan. Once you've created that list we can look at any other minor changes you might want.

@Huevos is absolutely correct. Reading the thread you are currently on ViX Apollo 113. On a later version of Apollo and in Hades, ABM was amended to allow "HD Swap" in custom mode. Like you I used to "manually" manage the LCN file, but this is a little bit of work, and as noted in the replies it is not dynamic.

Anyway, if you choose the "custom" option in ABM for the "main bouquet after selecting your SD region, you won't get a "main" bouquet, so you automatically get the correct channel numbering in the entertainment / movies / news / sports etc. sections

There is one small issue I have noted when I get an image update. The chanel "swap" information that is contained in the following file is overwritten:

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\providers\sat_282_sky_uk.xml

Personally I edit this file so that Channel 5 HD is not swapped, as Channel 5 is not viewable in HD. I configure ViX backup options to back this amended file up after my single change, however it is not restored after an image update, so at this time I have to manually copy it back so that Channel 5 is SD in the line-up - perhaps the ViX team can look at this backup behaviour OR change the .xml so that Channel 5 is not swapped by default?

Hope this is of help - it is exactly what @Huevos said, but with a little more detail.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    @Huevos is absolutely correct. Reading the thread you are currently on ViX Apollo 113. On a later version of Apollo and in Hades, ABM was amended to allow "HD Swap" in custom mode. Like you I used to "manually" manage the LCN file, but this is a little bit of work, and as noted in the replies it is not dynamic.

Anyway, if you choose the "custom" option in ABM for the "main bouquet after selecting your SD region, you won't get a "main" bouquet, so you automatically get the correct channel numbering in the entertainment / movies / news / sports etc. sections

There is one small issue I have noted when I get an image update. The chanel "swap" information that is contained in the following file is overwritten:

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\providers\sat_282_sky_uk.xml

Personally I edit this file so that Channel 5 HD is not swapped, as Channel 5 is not viewable in HD. I configure ViX backup options to back this amended file up after my single change, however it is not restored after an image update, so at this time I have to manually copy it back so that Channel 5 is SD in the line-up - perhaps the ViX team can look at this backup behaviour OR change the .xml so that Channel 5 is not swapped by default?

Hope this is of help - it is exactly what @Huevos said, but with a little more detail.
    I'm using Hades. None of what you said explains how to get channels to appear in the order I want.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Why? Half of those channels can't even be viewed on an E2 receiver with the current generation of softcams.
    Told him this myself yesterday!!
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Seriously if we weren't supposed to view EPG info for Sky channels then why give us the ability to do so?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Because I don't want to look through 2 EPGs (1 for Duo2 and 1 for Official Sky box). This way I only view 1 EPG and I can set freesat programmes to record via the box. I set Sky programmes to record via the Sky website.
    Have a look at the swap file .xml - I think you can add your config preference to it or you can easily modify the custom LCN file yourself with a text editor?

Could you please put these channels in that file you gave me. In particular can you please make sure that SkySportsF1 appears in the correct place because for some reason only BBC Four would show instead of SkySportsF1HD.
    The path is:

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\custom\ and then the name of the LCN file like your one above "hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml"

Perhaps I have missed what you are trying to do, but hope this helps

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks but that doesn't help. I was already using a CustomLCN file on Apollo but after a year of it working fine, BBC Two HD didn't show, instead I got the SD channel. I'm on Hades now and now all channels show apart from Sky Sports F1 HD or SD. In it's place is BBC Four HD.

Huevos said to delete the CustomLCN file so I'm just waiting on instructions for what to do next to get channels to appear in the order I want.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks but that doesn't help. I was already using a CustomLCN file on Apollo but after a year of it working fine, BBC Two HD didn't show, instead I got the SD channel. I'm on Hades now and now all channels show apart from Sky Sports F1 HD or SD. In it's place is BBC Four HD.

Huevos said to delete the CustomLCN file so I'm just waiting on instructions for what to do next to get channels to appear in the order I want.
    For the hell of it I pasted your list into the HD LCN file, and ran "custom" bouquet per earlier post. Anyway the ABM generation filled the gaps as expected - I only inserted your list (you have a gap at 116, and as expected a channel was inserted there too).

I am running Hades 10, and it seems all channels that you want are in the place you want them, but like @Heuvos and @Andy_Hazza, I don't understand? It seesm to me the LCN "swapping" is working correctly.

Anyway, I hope this helps you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Why the hell do you want the premium HD channels showing? What is the point of that, explain why please cos I'm baffled?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    but like @Heuvos and @Andy_Hazza, I don't understand? It seesm to me the LCN "swapping" is working correctly.
    so am I

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Did you try the file I uploaded?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    EPG for simulcast services is the same for SD and HD services. You don't need the unavailable HD services on your E2 receiver. Information will be valid for your Sky HD receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    For the hell of it I pasted your list into the HD LCN file, and ran "custom" bouquet per earlier post. Anyway the ABM generation filled the gaps as expected - I only inserted your list (you have a gap at 116, and as expected a channel was inserted there too).

I am running Hades 10, and it seems all channels that you want are in the place you want them, but like @Heuvos and @Andy_Hazza, I don't understand? It seesm to me the LCN "swapping" is working correctly.

Anyway, I hope this helps you
    No it's NOT working correctly. As you can see in your second screenshot, BBC Four is showing instead of Sky Sports F1 HD.

I've even tried the SD version of Sky Sports but it still won't appear.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Did you try the file I uploaded?
    Yes and it worked but how do I get the channels that I want, to appear?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast