Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: freeview sat boxes

Title
    Thanks

freeview sat boxes

First off i'm American with no experience of freeview sat receivers so excuse me for being a dummy. I own a vacation home with two tv's the first to have a sat receiver had two cables one i thought was for a tv antenna and the other for the sat it worked fine. I have someone hook up another room to be able to use another sat box with only 1 cable but has two sat intakes this works fine and is a better box then the original. I swop boxes the new box works fine hooked up to two cables now but the original box with only one cable attached only gets half the channels and when i move the cable to the othersat 2 intake it gets the other channels. What do i do to get all the channels with just one connection?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Freeview or freesat?
    Freeview is over the air, freesat needs a dish?

Title
    Thanks
    Freest. New installation with dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    You need an LNB (the thing on the end of the arm of the satellite dish) with at least two outlets (called a twin) or four (called a quad). Separate cable goes to each receiver. You can't have one cable and two receivers - well you can but then you get the problem you experienced
    Each receiver needs independent control of an LNB. It uses different voltages to tell the LNB to select a horizontal or vertical channel and a tone to select high or low band.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-05-15)