Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newer remote control for Solo2?

Title
    Thanks

Newer remote control for Solo2?

I just got a new Solo2. I've done all the tests suggested around a year ago to check if it's a clone ie the packaging box, the rear of the machine, the origin of the mac address; my brand new machine looks and feels like the real deal (especially when placed side by side with my older one).

I cannot check inside as it would break the warranty.

But the second I picked up the remote control I noticed a difference. This also looks as it should but the back doesn't have the smooth, glossy feel of my first one bought two years ago.

My question therefore is has the remote control changed or is this a clone giveaway?

And is there anything else I can do to check authenticity?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    remember the remote get warn down from use over time, therefore new remotes feel different. for example i have a solo2, which ive had for over a year and recently bought a zero and the zero remote feels much smoother and the button harder compared with my older remote.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    remember the remote get warn down from use over time, therefore new remotes feel different. for example i have a solo2, which ive had for over a year and recently bought a zero and the zero remote feels much smoother and the button harder compared with my older remote.
    Thanks for that.

The actual material is different. My original is glossy to touch and feel; it's the newer one that feels worn down if anything if that makes sense.

It is rough to hold and feels plasticky, the first one never felt like that.

The material of the older one is uniform in look and texture - front and back; the newer one isn't (only the front looks like my original one).

Title
    Thanks
    Where did you buy solo2 from

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Who said you can't take the lid off? If there is a warranty sticker on it that would make me nervous as the sponsor and a couple of either large suppliers don't sell them with warranty stickers as you need to gain access to add a hdd...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Who said you can't take the lid off? If there is a warranty sticker on it that would make me nervous as the sponsor and a couple of either large suppliers don't sell them with warranty stickers as you need to gain access to add a hdd...
    The hard drive was installed by the seller.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    whats the answer to #4?
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not going to name them unless it is a confirmed clone.

I suppose what I need most is for somebody experienced to say that the remote controls have not changed at all.

Title
    Thanks
    It may be that other people on here have also bought from same place and confirmed as a clone they would be able to confirm this for you

Title
    Thanks
    The place where you bought it from will help with deciding if it is a clone or not. Also check if there are any V.2 or something similar stickers on it. A serial connector in the box is a surefire way to say it's a clone too.

Title
    Thanks
    You have a sunray clone mate..plain and simple..does it have sunray on the remote?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mann View Post
    You have a sunray clone mate..plain and simple..does it have sunray on the remote?
    If it's a sunray clone, it'll have a serial port next to the ethernet port. Originals don't have that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry b View Post
    I'm not going to name them unless it is a confirmed clone.

I suppose what I need most is for somebody experienced to say that the remote controls have not changed at all.
    why mention it then! we dont know if its a clone, just by what you say, naming the people who sell clone helps other people for the future. once stung twice shy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

Walt (23-04-15)

Title
    Thanks

Solo2 Remote

Pictures of my Solo2 Remote, front of it is glossy, not the back as you might see on pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. The Following User Says Thank You to widar For This Useful Post:

gerry b (24-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    why mention it then! we dont know if its a clone, just by what you say, naming the people who sell clone helps other people for the future. once stung twice shy
    Well said m8 I got stung a few years ago learnt the hard way and never again WOS for me all the time.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast