Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assigning a custom picon

Title
    Thanks
    Never got this sorted out guys, there has to be a way for me to manually assign the picons to these channels?.. here's a screen grab below, as you can see UTV HD, UTV Ireland & Sky Atlantic all have missing picons, although I can nearly swear I had a working Picon for Sky Atlantic yesterday:

Screen Grab 1.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    LCD Picons
    I had asked if you were bothered about the LCD picons, you dd not answer that question. (You answred if they were displayed) If you are not bothered, there is a solution that could suit you. Await your answer.

SkyAtlantic

The service reference has changed. This is why it is no longer showing. (SNPicon system was created to avoid having to keep up with these changes)

Difference between the ones on openvix.co.uk and the ones on the plugin feeds
    The ones on the download site are newer than the ones on the plugin feeds. They also have UK cable and some Terrestrial. Obviously need to update those too.

I prefer to install by telnet as you can see errors (if applicable). Transfer the ipk to the /tmp directory and tehn telnet the following command: opkg install /tmp/*.ipk There is a guide on how to use Putty for Telnet commands

Channels have service references. The picon system looks for a png file with a name matching the service reference. If this is not found it then searches for a png using the SNPicon name.

I'll await an answer as to whether the LCD picons are vital for you or not before suggesting a way forward. Can you also state whether your USB stick is in fat32 or linux file system

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

Thanks for taking the time to explain things for me, if I was setting this up for myself I wouldn't be bothered about the LCD pics as I think they look a bit gimmicky.. but i'm setting it up for my old man and he likes them coming up on the LCD display.. if I can keep them there it will please him, so what are my options? lose the LCD pics to sort out the epg picons?

I think the USB might have been originally fat32 but it could have been formatted since by the box(?), would that mean it's in linux now? or is there a way I can tell from the settings menu without connecting it directly to the pc?

I'm guessing the experienced users here are using SNPicon?

Title
    Thanks
    If the receiver initialised/formatted the USB stick, it will be in linux file system.

I know that it is frustrating to begin with. If you mix things without cancelling what you did last, you will get lost and people will offer you advice for one thing when you have done something else.

As you want the picons on the LCD, forget SNpicons for now.

1. Uninstall the picons from the plugin menu.
    2. Delete any picon folders that you have on your USB stick and internal flash memory.
    3. Re-insatll the picons from the plugin menu. If your USB stick is in ext filesytem, you will be offered that as a storage location. I would suggest that you use that as a location.
    4. Run ABM to update your chanenl data
    5. Install the missing picon script plugin. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post350325
    6. Run it and attach your results here.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi abu,

I did what you said: missing-picons_2015-04-23_18-44-42.zip
    Last edited by cal91; 23-04-15 at 18:51.

Title
    Thanks
    That plugin/script should not restart the receiver.

If it run successfuly, yu will find output in /tmp/ It will be called "missing-picons_date,time.zip"

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah sorry I just realised that, I edited my previous message and attached the file.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cal91 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I have edited the list and simplified the layout for you.

1. Check if the picons listed exist in the /picon/tv/folder. Copy to a folder on your PC.

2. Rename the picons on your PC so name is exactly the same as the name in cloumn B.
    UTVIreland = 1_0_1_FAC_7E9_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    SkyAtlantic = 1_0_1_164F_7E7_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

3. Once complete, copy the renamed files to the picon folder. Do not put into the tv sub folder.

That is simplest way.

I have not mentioned the symbolic links. Once you have accomplished this task, that will be your next lesson.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Hi abu,

I noticed that UTVHD didn't come up under the missing list, was hoping to sort that one too.

ok i've put the files that I wanted into the picon folder, whats next symbolic links? how do I do that? grateful for your help by the way.

Title
    Thanks
    You need to create links by a telnet client such as putty. You then paste the command as below

ln -s {existing/target-filename} {symbolic-filename}

Code:
    tmnano3t login: root
    root@tmnano3t:~# cd /media/hdd/picon
    root@tmnano3t:/picon# ln -s ./tv/bonanzabonanza.png ./1_0_1_D1E2_841_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

1. log in
    2. change to picon directory
    3. create symbolic links
    In the example
    The target/existing file is /tv/bonanzabonanza.png
    The symbolink we want to create is the service reference of the channel

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

chumley (11-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Using Putty telnet i'm logged in ok, i'm at this stage: root@vuduo2:~#

My picons are on the usb, so i'm attempting to log in like so: root@vuduo2:~#/media/usb/picon

I get permission denied

:/

UPDATE: i'm in the directory, I had forgot the start of the code with a space: cd /

ok so I typed in the information relating the the channel, I pressed enter and it said: file exists

Not sure it created the symbolic link though, I don't think I see it?
    Last edited by cal91; 24-04-15 at 09:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Well done.

You are getting file exists notification because you renamed and placed the files there yesterday.

Now you know how to fix issue in two different ways. You are now prepared for next time. I forgot to mention that you can view service reference by remote: Menu > information > service

Openwebif also has it. Better as you can copy and paste the service reference.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

Thanks for you help and guidance, i've successfuly fixed 2 picons on my epg and I will continue to update the rest, now that I know what i'm doing

Remember before when run the plugin to scan for missing channel picons? it didn't pick up UTVHD so I won't be able to fix that one, is there another way I can find out what the SRP name of this channel might be?

Thanks again.

Title
    Thanks
    Already mentioned above, I'll expand.

Zap to chanenl on receiver, Start openwebif on PC, click on "current". There is a section for service refernce. You can copy the value, in this case "1_0_19_FC5_7E0_2_11A0000_0_0_0" and paste it elsewhere. Don't forget to add the ".png"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Oh cool, sorry I didn't quite follow what you meant before, but now I get it, thanks so much for all your help, you've been brilliant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast