Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Open Webif port attack

Title
    Thanks

Open Webif port attack

Hi Guys

Any help would be grateful with a problem I am having with Webif on my Technomate box , it started about a month ago when I was watching tv through my normal Sky HD Box I looked down and noticed my Technomate box was flicking through the channels without me doing anything and to cut a long story short I found out that a dozen people were accessing it over my WAN because I had opened ports 8001 and 8002 on my router so I could view channels over the Web. I shut the ports on the router and checked the logs on the firewall and port 8001 is getting probed by these people every few seconds and my router doesn't have the capabilities to allow MAC address access to ports so I can either allow all traffic or none. Would putting a root password on my box and streaming password on Webif stop other people streaming from my box or is there a way of changing the streaming port in Webif? As I said any help would be a great help. Just a quick bit of info , the box locks up constantly if I leave port 8001 open on the router and performs great if I close 8001 on the router , I even rebuilt the box with the latest version of Vix to see if it still locks up with port 8001 open and it does.

Many Thanks

Robin

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Unfortunately yours is not a uncommon story, with more and more users opening ports to stream channels the increase in users looking for such receivers to take advantage of has risen astronomically. The best thing you can do is setup a VPN and route your receiver through that as enigma has no real security infrastructure to stop such access.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Phoenix for your quick response , is there a guide to setting up VPN on Enigma 2

Many Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Open Webif port attack

Not sure my self as I don't use. my receivers to stream, but I am sure some one else will know and offer help when they see this thread.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.