Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box fails when paused or fastfoward/rewinding

Title
    Thanks

Box fails when paused or fastfoward/rewinding

Hi guys been a while since i posted on here but this problem is totally puzzled me.

if i record something then pause it when i go back to playing it the box 9 times out of 10 wont resume playing it will just stay paused or the box eventually ends up reseting itself

If i try to play back a MKV file or avi file it all plays well till i pause it or try and fast forward/rewind it when again the fox just fails to respond and i either have to stop the file and then go back into it or again it will just reset the box.

the only way i can skip forward or back is to use the number keys to jump forward/back.

Have tried doing a fresh install of vix 160 - 166 but still having zero luck with this problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    stay paused or the box eventually ends up reseting itself - do you have a crash log that you can attach?

flashing to latest image may help. how are you flashing, usb, crouch? i believe if you want to flash to 166, then it needs to be a full clean flash, with no backup setting, just flash like its new box

Title
    Thanks
    I did do a complete fresh install on all the 160 - 166 images using a USB Stick then booting with that then transfered over the channel lists ect with ftp once clean install was completed

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok do you have a crash log that you can attached maybe someone of the forum can support further? i get a similar issue when play movies of TS media. movies i have transferred are fine, can pause play etc, with no issues/

Title
    Thanks
    I can also confirm that I have TS Media issues when pausing/ fast forwarding etc on my Technomate Nano se, would be nice to know if problem is just Technomate related or is an image issue.
    As John doe quoted above, I also don't have any play, pause etc issues with transferred files.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what you have to remember is that this box is powerful, but not as powerful as the duo2, solo,2 etc etc. on solo2 it fine besides sometimes freezing, on the vu zero is freezes a bit or for a while, but then fine. also depends on your internet connection, which is S*** for me.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linsladeboy View Post
    I can also confirm that I have TS Media issues when pausing/ fast forwarding etc on my Technomate Nano se, would be nice to know if problem is just Technomate related or is an image issue.
    As John doe quoted above, I also don't have any play, pause etc issues with transferred files.
    Nearly all of the content on TSmedia is made up of dodgy Internet streams, if they don't work properly it's not a receiver or image issue but the plugin / stream source it self.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwestwood74 View Post
    Hi guys been a while since i posted on here but this problem is totally puzzled me.

if i record something then pause it when i go back to playing it the box 9 times out of 10 wont resume playing it will just stay paused or the box eventually ends up reseting itself

If i try to play back a MKV file or avi file it all plays well till i pause it or try and fast forward/rewind it when again the fox just fails to respond and i either have to stop the file and then go back into it or again it will just reset the box.

the only way i can skip forward or back is to use the number keys to jump forward/back.

Have tried doing a fresh install of vix 160 - 166 but still having zero luck with this problem
    Is it the same with all content such as recordings made on the receiver or just files you "found" on the Internet ?.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Is it the same with all content such as recordings made on the receiver or just files you "found" on the Internet ?.

Is the same for files i download stream and recorded via the box although on recorded programs its not as bad as will eventually fastforward or rewind but takes a while to start moving in either direction

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwestwood74 View Post
    Is the same for files i download stream and recorded via the box although on recorded programs its not as bad as will eventually fastforward or rewind but takes a while to start moving in either direction
    sounds like a storage device problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mann View Post
    sounds like a storage device problem.
    Now this i would agree with if it wasnt happening on 2 different drives andone of thems brand new and the problem does not happen if i go back to vix 141

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is an issue with timeshift. Maybe that is related.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There is an issue with timeshift. Maybe that is related.
    Hi Abu

I've just installed two of these boxes one for my bro in law and a friend. Both are from W.O.S and came fitted with HDS.

Both are running Vix 166

When I press pause and enter time shift it works ok. As soon as I press the stop button to return to live TV the box crashes.

Its working fine on my vu duo on 166.

Any light on this issue. Is it a driver issue or issue with vix.

I'm sure it was working fine prior to 166 on my bro in laws box.

I will get a crash log asap

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garryboy View Post
    Hi Abu

I've just installed two of these boxes one for my bro in law and a friend. Both are from W.O.S and came fitted with HDS.

Both are running Vix 166

When I press pause and enter time shift it works ok. As soon as I press the stop button to return to live TV the box crashes.

Its working fine on my vu duo on 166.

Any light on this issue. Is it a driver issue or issue with vix.

I'm sure it was working fine prior to 166 on my bro in laws box.

I will get a crash log asap
    It's a known issue with Technomate, only Technomate can fix with a driver update but they haven't fixed this yet and nobody knows what status it is at either. Only advice I can give you is not to use Timeshift in its present state. The last working build for Timeshift on TM boxes was build 108 I've been told!!
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

garryboy (29-04-15),Larry-G (29-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    It's a known issue with Technomate, only Technomate can fix with a driver update but they haven't fixed this yet and nobody knows what status it is at either. Only advice I can give you is not to use Timeshift in its present state. The last working build for Timeshift on TM boxes was build 108 I've been told!!
    I've emailed technomate and asked them for an update. We'll see if they reply.

Was there a build 108 for the nano 2 super. Or was vix supported for it at a later build. Can only find 141 in the archived builds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast