Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vu+duo-xbmc

Title
    Thanks
    Quick question - can you use the above script if your webinterface is password protected?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok,

Tried the script mentioned above which does indeed work and stream FTA channels. Although, with encrypted channels it dies after a few seconds and goes back to the bouquet list. Also, rather than stream it seems to zap the box to the channel and then start a record (no files are actually created on my NAS or HDD) weirdly enough although I assume it is just a way of it reserving a tuner for itself. Is there any way to make it so that it just streams rather than zaps?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by supathug; 04-01-11 at 19:40.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok guys - Quick update - I used the script on a newer build of XBMC and it seems to work fine in terms of not closing when streaming encrypted channels. However, the problem of the duo and the xbox not being able to change channels independantly of one another (as I can do when I stream via the webinterface) is still there. @stuattravs, steford - do you also have this problem? My end goal is to be able to use the xbox to watch sat tv upstairs whilst the mrs watches sat downstairs but on a different channel (or vice versa). Is that even possible with this or am I asking too much of it?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok guys update - I've managed to get everything working how I wanted via tuxbox now. I installed the latest T3CH build of xbmc and connected up to the duo that way and it seems to do the job and allow me to watch different stuff on the xbox and the duo. I'm well chuffed with that as I was going to sell the xbox. Glad I didnt now. If anyone wants the details of the build I used then PM me as I dont know if im allowed to post the link to the download here or not.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    xbmc is a free open source package so its ok upload the file to the forum server i have 3 xboxes and will be setting one up so i would love to do this please
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    k mate - I'll post it in the misc downloads section for you. Let me know if you need any help setting it up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to supathug For This Useful Post:

silverfox0786 (06-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Tried posting in misc downloads section but the filesize was too big. Here is the link to the actual file:

Code:
    http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=DLC&FA=XBMC&FT=XBOXT&FB=30748&TF=zip
    1, Install the tuxbox plugin from within the plugins menu on the duo if you are using the VIX image (Think its in Enigma 2 extensions on VIX) - location may vary in other images.

2, Download and unzip the attached zip file and FTP it to your APPS directory on your XBOX

3, Start XBMC and via videos, click add source and then add network location at the bottom of the screen.

4, A dialog should appear allowing you to choose the type of network location you want to add along with the connection details. Choose Tuxbox and then enter the IP of your duo, along with the username, password and port (usually 80) used to connect to its webinterface.

5, Once this is complete, give the new connection a name and within videos the new connection should appear with the name you have just provided. Clicking on this connection should (after a short pause) bring up a bouquet list. Click on a bouquet, then a channel within that bouquet and the channel should start streaming. Thats all there is to it!
    Last edited by supathug; 06-01-11 at 14:39.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supathug For This Useful Post:

silverfox0786 (06-01-11),stuattravs (06-01-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Glad you got everything sorted mate, I'm using the latest dharma release on my revo incase anyone wants to know, I have found that streaming via tuxbox doesn't seem to see my sky hd bouquet tho but it does show everything else, sure it's just a setting I'm missing

steford
    An update to this. Previously I've had to do nothing to the Vu+ and simply enter tuxbox://VUPLUSIPADDRESS on XBMC and all has been well. Clicking the source shortcut now gives a connection error where previously I go the full channel bouquets. Thinking maybe that the module had disappeared from Vix I installed the tuxbox plugin. After that the shortcut on XBMC gets me a little further but just a blank page - still no bouquets. Connection to Vu+ wis fine as I can view shares over SMB and my favourite links directly to channels work fine. Web interface is set up as both HTTP (no authentication) and HTTPS (authentication required) and both work. Very odd. Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all.

I have recently setup an XBMC HTPC... and want to connect it to my VU+ Duo, but am having a little bit of difficutly.

On XBMC, i add a Tuxbox connection, with the ip address of VU and with my port/user/pass... and it connects correctly.

I can view all my bouquets in XBMC, but when i try to enter one of them, i get a "working" message on XBMC but nothing happens. After about a minute the "working" message goes away and i'm still at the list of bouquets. I just cant seem to access any of them to choose a channel.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samhp View Post
    Hi all.

I have recently setup an XBMC HTPC... and want to connect it to my VU+ Duo, but am having a little bit of difficutly.

On XBMC, i add a Tuxbox connection, with my port/user/pass... and it connects correctly.

I can view all my bouquets in XBMC, but when i try to enter one of them, i get a "working" message on XBMC but nothing happens. After about a minute the "working" message goes away and i'm still at the list of bouquets. I just cant seem to access any of them to choose a channel.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,
    You've definitely a free tuner on your Duo?

What, if anything, does the tail of your XBMC log say?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    You've definitely a free tuner on your Duo?

What, if anything, does the tail of your XBMC log say?
    Yeah I have dual tuner connected but only one in use.

Hmm... will look into how to check logs, hang on....

Title
    Thanks
    My log says this....

13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
    13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectoryTuxBox::GetDirectory - Unable to get XML structure! Try count:3, Wait Timer:30s
    13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/
    13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/) failed
    13:29:44 T:5948 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
    13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.

Do i need to install the E2 plugin on XBMC for it to work?

I have installed it, but there was no option for username and password in the default.py.

Maybe thats my issue?

Title
    Thanks
    My log says this....

13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectoryTuxBox::GetDirectory - Unable to get XML structure! Try count:3, Wait Timer:30s
    13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/
    13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/) failed
    13:29:44 T:5948 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22

I have installed it, but there was no option for username and password in the default.py.

Maybe thats my issue?

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samhp View Post
    My log says this....

Maybe thats my issue?
    Yes, you need to have it installed...if you go into the plugin settings you can enter the IP, port, username and password!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast