Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenVIX Flashing over Blackhole fails

Title
    Thanks

OpenVIX Flashing over Blackhole fails

Hi,

I've attempted to flash the latest build "Apolo.163" to try openvix because blackhole is just, well, awful from first glance.

Flash seemed to go ok, long dimming and brightening of LED for some minutes, then it flashes. So i turned off, removed USB and turned back on again. However, i'm now stuck with a blackhole splash screen and nothing else loads.

Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Just an update that i tried Apolo.161 and it worked, not sure if this was some obscure bug or a problem with 163.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Maybe try flashing the bootloader first then try the image again. A copy of the new bootloader for the Zero is available from our download site @ www.openvix.co.uk. As well as a guide on how to flash it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    LOL looks like we posted at pretty mucht eh same time. Nice to see you got it sorted any way.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    LOL looks like we posted at pretty mucht eh same time. Nice to see you got it sorted any way.
    Hehe, i have the bootloader now from your link so any more issues and i'll look at that route.

Whilst you're here and thought a little offtopic from the title but in the correct forum i have a question about WiFi if thats ok.

On the blackhole image my wifi dongle worked without having to do anything. Its a RT5370, are drivers included in the Apolo images for the VU+ zero? If not could you point me in the right direction for them and method of installation?

Many thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In ViX we only carry the drivers for the official Vu+ Wifi dongle, others can be downloaded from the plugin feeds, this may be inconvenient but we removed them as they were hogging the image bloating it out and carrying all those drivers was causing a lot of issues with compatibility.

SIMPLES.