Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing channels - No signal

Title
    Thanks

Missing channels - No signal

Hi

recently purchased a TM Nano SE to connect to an existing Technomate motorized 80cm dish

I'm missing some well known sports channels on 19.2 and aren't able to pickup other channels which I can always get if I connect other receivers to the same dish such as protek or dreambox. if I go to sat finder I get no signal if I select the transponder these channels are on. For example Sky Deutschland. I have manually scanned in the single satellites.

I'm using the latest Vix image If I disconnect the technomate and plug in a dreambox in from another location I can get these channels I also cant really get any channels on 23.5 or 16.0 which with my dish isn't a problem on other receivers.

I've configured the same Longitude and Latitude settings which if I tweak prevent me from getting FTA on 28.2

Does this look an issue with the box or something i'm missing

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas as If I cant get these on the technomate it would be a real disappointed

Thanks
    Neil

Title
    V.I.P+
    Thanks
    Below instruction might sound odd But i have tested and works ok for me
    just scanned 19/23 east east no problem.

Not all mortised dishes installed 100% so local longitude/Latitude is not the best solution for a good result also throughout time elements will interfere with settings Best way please follow bellow instruction.
    ==============================
    1-Make sure you have scanned or downloaded channel list more than 3 satellite example 30waest/1 west/42 east or more.
    2-Anywhere in uk in USALS set longitude to 000.000 Latitude to 051.500 North select 28 east you will get some signal.
    If above not achieved >> do not touch Latitude just edit longitude as per example bellow
    3-Longitude >>>001.00 east in Linux press ok than exit it will ask Zap back click yes others receivers save it motor will move ,
    In clear screen with Linux receivers press ok 2 times to see agc/snr >>AGC is your signal quality SNR is displaying you are connected to LNB
    If AGC is at 000.000 was no signal but with 001.000 has 30% or more then go back and do 001.500 repeat again by this time if agc is 60% then do 002.000 if agc increase to 70% carry on adding until you get the best signal example 95% more or less.
    --------------------
    As above if you are not getting any signal then change longitude from east to west start with example 001.000 west and add until you get best signal
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the tip I was using the same settings taken from another box which appears to have been my downfall working much better now, strange I cant pickup 23.5 but can live without it as getting full range on 19.2 and hotbird now where as before I could only get about 150 channels on those.

appreciate the help