Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Duo2 or mut@nt 2400

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Sicilian, you obviously haven,t been looking at pound:euro rates recently
    Even at the current exchange rates its impoossible, like for like, trust me I know the prices.

Mu@nt, obviously good spec.... But track record?
    Yes been on the market for less than a year, any driver bugs? None that I know of and drivers updates have been provided when needed. Also they used very upto date linux kernel like Xtrend do.

And I wouldn,t saythe Vix team are wonderfully happy with VU.
    Nothing against VU+, but they are very slow responding to drivers issues, 3-4 days ago I emailed them a RS232 logs from VU+ Solo and urgent driver bug, you think they've even had the decency to acknowledge receipt?

Anyway, I'm not being negative regards Xtrend, they're decent boxes too, I'm just stating the fact that joysleep1 has not stated exact spec's like for like and can only manage to remember 'around' price for ET10k, all a bit vague. As already mentioned, I know the exchange rates.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Your opinion, as to crashing during transcoding must be your noobness or expertness , I've never managed to get the HD2400 to crash.

So what exact spec ET10k did you get at approx £400?? Funny how you remember the price of the HD2400 to the pound, but say 'around' got the ET10k, which was purchased more recently Very much doubt it was identical to the HD2400 spec that you purchased, Impossible. Anyway your the expert
    If you factor in having to buy a universal remote because the default one is so useless then it is certainly identical in price

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Even at the current exchange rates its impoossible, like for like, trust me I know the prices.

Yes been on the market for less than a year, any driver bugs? None that I know of and drivers updates have been provided when needed. Also they used very upto date linux kernel like Xtrend do.

Nothing against VU+, but they are very slow responding to drivers issues, 3-4 days ago I emailed them a RS232 logs from VU+ Solo and urgent driver bug, you think they've even had the decency to acknowledge receipt?

Anyway, I'm not being negative regards Xtrend, they're decent boxes too, I'm just stating the fact that joysleep1 has not stated exact spec's like for like and can only manage to remember 'around' price for ET10k, all a bit vague. As already mentioned, I know the exchange rates.
    Ok

Sorry if i was vague. Have a look at the specs. You will need to use chrome to translate
    Last edited by Sicilian; 31-03-15 at 15:20. Reason: removed retailer link

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    If you factor in having to buy a universal remote because the default one is so useless then it is certainly identical in price
    So a very well built USB re-chargeable remote is useless now??
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Ok
    The exact price is on this website.
    http://www.ac-sat-corner.eu/Xtrend-E...iver-PVR-Ready

Sorry if i was vague. Have a look at the specs. You will need to use chrome to translate
    and the exact spec that you purchased of each model? Come on if your going to state something be clear and concise!
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So a very well built USB re-chargeable remote is useless now??
    Ok so it has a usb port. That is not really helpful. The buttons are well to small. Even you chose to buy a universal remote. You clearly did not like the remote and i am sure a lot of people will not like it. Buttons are small and the layout is awful. The xtrend remote is already universal.
    You like to twist my words when you know what i mean.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    and the exact spec that you purchased of each model? Come on if your going to state something be clear and concise!
    ok let me copy and paste the information if you clearly can not use the link.

A new generation of HD E2 Linux Twin Tuner Receiver of Xtrend with crystal-clear HD picture, HDMI input , two card readers. External hard drive is possible via USB port. How to install an internal hard drive is also possible. A USB front and four behind. In addition, the receiver has an Ethernet 10/100/1000 port. Linux operating system with HD E2 open source. Advanced EPG (electronic program guide).
    Digital satellite receiver for HD cable TV and radio programs.
    The main feature is the strong 1300 MHz dual-core processor, the Xtrend ET 10000 supports the Linux TV API
    4 Plug & Play tuner
    1 x DVB-S2, & 1 x DVB-C / T2 tuner.
    Opera browser
    HbbTV
    1x HDMI 1.4 output
    1x HDMI input
    HD PIP, PIP HDMI IN
    Dynamiches transcoding
    Gigabit Lan
    Plug-and-play support for 3.5 "SATA - Hard Drives
    graphic VFD display
    Technical data:
    1300 DMIPS processor (dual core processor)
    Linux Kernel / Ver. 3.1.x
    4 x plug and play tuner
    Tuner optional interchangeable: DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-C / T2
    Video formats: WMV9, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 compatible
    Audio formats: WMA9, AC3, MPEG-4 (AAC-HE), MPEG-1
    Flash 1 GB / 2 GB RAM
    Fully automatic / manual channel scan options
    Supports downloadable plugins
    Web Browser
    Android Support
    iPhone / iPad support
    NTFS file system support
    HD user interface
    PVR Ready
    Front:
    2 x Smart Card Reader
    2 x Common Interface slot (CI)
    1 x USB
    Rear:
    4x LNB IN, IF Out, RF IN, RF Out (depending on the tuner assembly)
    4 x USB 2.0
    1 x SCART
    1 x HDMI Out
    1 x HDMI IN
    Component (YPbPr)
    Composite video / audio output
    optical S / PDIF digital audio output
    10/100/1000 compatible Ethernet Interface
    Dimensions:
    Size (W x H x D): 380 x 60 x 240mm
    Weight: 3.0kg
    Scope of delivery:
    Satellite Receiver Xtrend ET 10000
    Remote control
    User manual
    HDMI Cable 1.5m
    2x batteries
    Accessories for mounting an internal hard drive (incl. Screws, cable)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Even you chose to buy a universal remote. You clearly did not like the remote and i am sure a lot of people will not like it.
    ?? LOL, what?? The only time I actually use my universal remote it to power on my plasma, amp and TV, to get them to the right channels, ports etc.. and to control the volume, for everything else I use the HD2400 remote, I've got big fingers and never had an issue

Any I think this thread has run its course and getting silly, you still didn't manage to post the spec's like for like what you ordered.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Xtrend, have a track record, office in Germany ... And continue to provide driver updates.
    They also have a track record of their security boards just up and dying, taking the receiver with them.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    ....And continue to provide driver updates....
    LOL.... you clearly haven't seen the date of the last drivers of the 5k, the 9k & the 8k.....
    While VU still updates even their eldest boxes.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345