Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rf loop out to antenna cable onto a TV???

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    The problem is not the RF cable.
    The tuner out only loops the signal of your cable provider. It does not include the signal your E2 receiver is 'showing'.
    (not like the old VCR's).
    Also, when it does, it's only analog signal. Also when you use a separate RF modulator, it's analog signal. This can never be HD.
    HD is only available in digital signal.

Yo can use the tuner out to another E2 box and/or a TV-set with dvb-c tuner.
    When you want to see in the other room what's on your E2 box, you need something like HDMI cable, or when you have a Samsung smart tv, you can use Pembo's app.
    Oh i see where i went wrong. I was thinking the antenna cable was like a DVB-C tuner.
    hmm. What if the TV had a DVB-C tuner port built in.

something like this

http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/...specifications

Would this mean i can send the signal straight into the TV from my main receiver in my room?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can use the network to watch what's on the main box or recordings what's on the main box.
    When you have a dvb-c tuner in the second box and connected with coax, you can watch cable directly on your second box.
    oh that seems like a good idea. Would be very useful to. Could you show me what coax cable will do this effectively.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Oh i see where i went wrong. I was thinking the antenna cable was like a DVB-C tuner.
    hmm. What if the TV had a DVB-C tuner port built in.

something like this

http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/...specifications

Would this mean i can send the signal straight into the TV from my main receiver in my room?
    yes, the signal as your cable provider delivers. In that case you use your E2 box as a splitter.
    Probably you also need a valid subscription card in your TV to watch HD. I don't know if some HD channels are FTA.
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    oh that seems like a good idea. Would be very useful to. Could you show me what coax cable will do this effectively.
    the one of post #3?
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes, the signal as your cable provider delivers. In that case you use your E2 box as a splitter.
    Probably you also need a valid subscription card in your TV to watch HD. I don't know if some HD channels are FTA.
    But the DBV-C port will only be used to receive the signal from whatever the main box is receiving so it should not need any subscription right?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    But the DBV-C port will only be used to receive the signal from whatever the main box is receiving so it should not need any subscription right?
    The channels you can see on your main box without subscription, you also can see on your TV-set.
    (I assume a TV-set can tune and search the channels of your cable provider. In the Netherlands it can, I am not familiar with other countries)
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the one of post #3?
    ok that makes more sense now. I think this will be better as it will be more useful. But by having this set up permenantly, this would not effect me upstairs in any way would it?
    So someone will be able to control the downstairs enigma 2 receiver and watch any channels even in HD through the DVB-C tuner that has a cable running from the IN port to the rf out port from my xtrend tuner D. Providing that the Tuner D port is not in use right?
    If that makes sense lol?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Incorrect. Doing it this way (sharing incoming signal cable) will require decryption by receiver downstairs.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The channels you can see on your main box without subscription, you also can see on your TV-set.
    (I assume a TV-set can tune and search the channels of your cable provider. In the Netherlands it can, I am not familiar with other countries)
    Oh i was assuming that i have a subscription for all channels on my box and was just running a cable into the DVB-C tuner slot and that will display whatever that tuner is playing upstairs.
    If that makes sense?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Incorrect. Doing it this way (sharing incoming signal cable) will require decryption by receiver downstairs.
    But i was talking about the TV having the DVB-C port. Not using any enigma 2 receiver. Unless i am completely missing what a DVB-C port on a television is useful for?

Title
    Thanks
    If you loop out, you are just splittng the signal cable that comes in. You wont be able to tune to what the box upstairs is viewing.

There are only a handful of channels you will be able to view.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you loop out, you are just splittng the signal cable that comes in. You wont be able to tune to what the box upstairs is viewing.

There are only a handful of channels you will be able to view.
    Oh well i guess there is no point doing that.
    I thought if i get a cable running from the rf out port from Tuner D in my room (which has a subscripton to all channels) to a DVB-C tuner into any enigma 2 tuner, i will be able to watch any channel providing that Tuner D in my room is free. That will be useful and worth doing.

Title
    Thanks
    You can, but not the way you want to. You dont need a coaxial cable linking the two receiver.

The solution has already been posted. Maybe you missed it. Read the thread again, you want to pay attention to "RCSC" plugin.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can, but not the way you want to. You dont need a coaxial cable linking the two receiver.

The solution has already been posted. Maybe you missed it. Read the thread again, you want to pay attention to "RCSC" plugin.
    Yh i saw that but i do not want to do anything with streaming. It also means that the signal would not be live. A few seconds behind.
    I was hoping the coaxial cable between the two receivers would do the trick and would work flawlessly.
    Thanks for the support tho
    I might look into the HDMI extender

Title
    Thanks
    Best you borrow a receiver from someone and test RCSC. There wasn't any lag when I last tested it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast