Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Cloned ICOULD BOX-II

Title
    Thanks

Cloned ICOULD BOX-II

just joined yesterday left a welcome message, in the message i left what box i had,
    so i get a reply saying...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to WoS, sadly we cant offer help or support for your receiver as it's a clone and we don't support those here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whats the difference in boxes make to you ?, i know that sounds rude..lol BUT its not meant like that. im knew to this and dont quit understand the problem yet.
    i understand what a clone (a copy) is but why is the box of so much concern when its the software i wanted help with,

also whats been cloned the firmware or hardware/board, its not the hardware im using it on that i wanted help with, its the software im having a problem with
    and i believe the software is associated with this site\forum and thought this was the best place to ask

i bought the box secondhand and it came with your software pre-installed so this was the first place i came to ask about it,
    i only wanted to know how to remove some of the channels i dont subscribe to from the channel list,
    this is in no way getting at the forum i just dont understand what the problem is with the box im using

im sure a quick google search would bring me up another forum to go ask about it on so its not a big problem
    but i more interested now in what a clone is the differences and what difference it make to you what box i have...

remember only asking no need for anyone to abuse me...lol

Title
    Thanks
    the problem with cloned hardware is that it isnt built using the same spec components.

the software might not run properly or as expected on the box as the software was written to work on specific specced boxes, as yours might not have the right speed memory, processor or it even might have a different type IC somewhere from that which the software is expecting - how can we really tell if your issue is software related or hardware related?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtBoxDen View Post
    im sure a quick google search would bring me up another forum to go ask about it on so its not a big problem
    Do your quick google search so. You won't get help for your clone here.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtBoxDen View Post
    just joined yesterday left a welcome message, in the message i left what box i had,
    so i get a reply saying...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to WoS, sadly we cant offer help or support for your receiver as it's a clone and we don't support those here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whats the difference in boxes make to you ?, i know that sounds rude..lol BUT its not meant like that. im knew to this and dont quit understand the problem yet.
    i understand what a clone (a copy) is but why is the box of so much concern when its the software i wanted help with,

also whats been cloned the firmware or hardware/board, its not the hardware im using it on that i wanted help with, its the software im having a problem with
    and i believe the software is associated with this site\forum and thought this was the best place to ask

i bought the box secondhand and it came with your software pre-installed so this was the first place i came to ask about it,
    i only wanted to know how to remove some of the channels i dont subscribe to from the channel list,
    this is in no way getting at the forum i just dont understand what the problem is with the box im using

but i more interested now in what a clone is the differences and what difference it make to you what box i have...

remember only asking no need for anyone to abuse me...lol
    The simple fact of the matter is these receivers are sold as having official ViX support in order to get as many sales as possible, once the seller has parted with the receiver they expect us to step up and support the receiver and thats the part that is never going to happen. regardless of the fake ViX image that has been put on there. We choose who we support with our hard work and we will not be forced to support inferior, poorly made junk just because some one has placed a butchered ViX image on it. If you want genuine ViX image support buy a genuine ViX supported receiver, you don't even have to buy the receiver from our sponsor as long as it's the genuine thing and is listed at www.openvix.co.uk we will help you with any queries you have.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Can i ask Phoenix who writes the CFE?. I got a problem in that I cant source a K9F1G08U0D but I can K9F1G08U0E but the CFE doesn't appear compatible. i understand there are few instructions that are different in the emeded flash controller (4 i think) as well as timings. trying to get my genuine box working again and its proving impossible to source K9F1G08U0D to fix it

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c9550927 View Post
    Can i ask Phoenix who writes the CFE?. I got a problem in that I cant source a K9F1G08U0D but I can K9F1G08U0E but the CFE doesn't appear compatible. i understand there are few instructions that are different in the emeded flash controller (4 i think) as well as timings. trying to get my genuine box working again and its proving impossible to source K9F1G08U0D to fix it
    Hi mate which genuine box ? as i thought all the cloud iboxes were copies and clones

Mick

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c9550927 View Post
    Can i ask Phoenix who writes the CFE?.
    The manufacturer.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickmc68 View Post
    Hi mate which genuine box ? as i thought all the cloud iboxes were copies and clones

Mick
    They all are.

SIMPLES.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

c9550927 (12-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks..... Can't see vu helping and end user with this issue