Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Backups to create in specific folders

Title
    Thanks

Backups to create in specific folders

Hello,
    I'd like to create full backups of my VU+Duo2 into a specific folder and, above all, having the chance of naming it.
    This way, for instance, I'd be able to create folders named after the day I create the backup.
    Is it possible or do I need a specific plugin to do that?
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    what image are you using mate?

Title
    Thanks
    I'm new at VU+ receiver. I got it with BH2.1.4 but maybe I'll change it in the future.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwilmac View Post
    I'd like to create full backups of my VU+Duo2 into a specific folder and, above all, having the chance of naming it.
    This way, for instance, I'd be able to create folders named after the day I create the backup.
    The standard backups save all the files that you would normally change (the rest can be recovered by downloading the image file), and if you have any other files/directories you specifically wish to save you can add those to the backup list.
    The backup is a single tar.gz file, that contains the date and time.
    Any particular reason you want something other than this?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Hello,
    as far as I've learned so far, If I'm not wrong, the tar.gz file is just for settings whilst the backup made by the built-in function, stores its files in the folder /HDD/media of the internal drive and names it vuplus. This way you have just the last one.
    I'd like to know if there is a plugin able to store wherever I like, folders named after the day I perform the backup so to be able to choose not only the last one but also previous ones.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwilmac View Post
    Hello,
    as far as I've learned so far, If I'm not wrong, the tar.gz file is just for settings whilst the backup made by the built-in function, stores its files in the folder /HDD/media of the internal drive and names it vuplus. This way you have just the last one.
    You haven't answered Suttsy's question: What image are you using?
    The VIX image includes the date and time in the backup file name. (At least with default settings, I am not sure if some setting combination can change that.)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    not sure about BH but with Vix you can have multiple backups and add other files to the backup