Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a HTC Desire HD?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Anyone got a HTC Desire HD?

Just trying to get peoples opinions on the HTC Desire HD. Getting bored of my iPhone3GS and have been looking at the HTC Desire HD.

So far the only downside I found is the battery life, battery on 3GS aint great either. Have you got one? Used one? Whats your opinions?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Don't have the HD, but I have the Desire Z, which is more of less the same phone, except for the processor, screen and battery. Although, I think that the battery life is meant to be about equivalent...

I preferred the DZ over the HD because I didn't want such a big screen, and wanted the physical keyboard. Although the one thing I've found over time using it, is that the keyboard just isn't as good as the Touch Pro 2 I had. I think I was spoilt with that keyboard . But, the touchscreen keyboard is pretty good.

Battery life, I have found that I get roughly a day out of it, but that's with quite high usage. Often using tapatalk to check the forums, gmail push, exchange push, imap checking every 15 minutes, wireless always switched on, bluetooth on for about 2 hours a day, at least 30 minutes talking a day, at least 20 odd texts a day...

Currently I'm having problems with the htc sense though, in that it doesn't pick up my messages, contacts, call logs etc. But, I can make it do the ring, lock the phone and find the phone...

If you want any further info, then I can pass it on to you As I said, very similar phones
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I might buy the upgrade today, I'll have 7 days to return if not happy anyway. Suppose you cant really see how a phone like this is like until you've really used one.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    My advise would be to go to the carphonewarehouse or somewhere that will have one on display for you to actually play with (probably aren't many, but I'm sure if you ask, they will likely be able to get one out for you to play with), then you can hopefully get an idea if it's something you'll likely enjoy using?! What is it you want out of the phone?! Is it just that you're fed up with the 3gs, or is there something that the 3gs annoys you with, and you're hoping that the dhd will improve?! Or, is it like most of us, you're bored with it and just want a new gadget hehe
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just want a new gadget lol!

The main thing i'm looking for is ease of use with email and interent and a nice screen. I did try one in Carphonewarehouse yesterday, was quite impressed tbh, but like i said you really need a few days to play with it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Mates ...i got the new N8 nokia ...nice fone ... sicilian ...what ya planning to do with the iphone ...???????? i always wanted an i phone ...hint hint
    Sloth

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    Mates ...i got the new N8 nokia ...nice fone ... sicilian ...what ya planning to do with the iphone ...???????? i always wanted an i phone ...hint hint
    Sloth
    Once I know I'm going to be happy with the HTC It will be up for sale, excellent condition, well looked after. I've also asked Orange for the Unlock code to too, so it will unlocked to all networks.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

SLOTH (07-12-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Once I know I'm going to be happy with the HTC It will be up for sale, excellent condition, well looked after. I've also asked Orange for the Unlock code to too, so it will unlocked to all networks.
    One thing I would suggest you do before you sell it... Apparantly, the iphone has the ability to set your number on to the sim card. E.g. previously, when I used my sim card in my DZ, if I got to Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Phone Identity, under the phone number it was blank. There is no way to change this on android phones that I've seen (apart from in the cyanogen mod rom apparantly, but I never tested it). But, I nicked a blackberry off a colleague for a bit, and that as well as the iphone allows you to set your phone number on to the sim card. This then allows you to have a "Me" contact card. This is used for sms threading etc, where it detects that it was you who sent the picture.

In terms of email, what type of accounts do you have?! Since android is a google system, google is heavily used in it, so you will have to have a google account to make good use of it . Then, if you have a gmail account, you will be able to tell the phone to "push" the emails to it, so you receive them instantly (assuming you have data connection on all the time, and a reception). You can get exchange server to do the same... If you have imap/pop mail, you can get it to check every x minutes (I've set mine to 15). Turning all of this off will increase battery life. In terms of email, you can get it to show all pop/imap/exchange in the same folder, or you can choose which one you want from at the top...

Any further questions, then lmk...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

bassethound (07-12-10),Sicilian (07-12-10),SLOTH (07-12-10)

jjp2701
    hi sic i have the samsung galaxy s and i love it lovely big screen and very fast on the internet, i had the htc desire befor this and hated it,it kept dropping calls so sent it back and they gave me another and that done the same i even replaced the sim, so i wouldnt touch the desire myself, i love my samsung like i said and apps r easy to install, and it is easy toget any app free , i will help u with that one if u decide to go to android, so personal choice i like my samsung, def 5/5 for everything on it m8,

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sic ...let me know about the iphone , would be interested
    Sloth

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    hi sic i have the samsung galaxy s and i love it lovely big screen and very fast on the internet, i had the htc desire befor this and hated it,it kept dropping calls so sent it back and they gave me another and that done the same i even replaced the sim, so i wouldnt touch the desire myself, i love my samsung like i said and apps r easy to install, and it is easy toget any app free , i will help u with that one if u decide to go to android, so personal choice i like my samsung, def 5/5 for everything on it m8,
    I would guess that was to do with the radio though?! So, I would guess that the radio in the sgs is better than the one in the desire. Not sure whether the z/hd use the same radio as the desire though!? I've had a few instances where I've not been able to make calls because the signal is too low. But then again, I had exactly the same signal issues with the orange sf...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

jjp2701
    well i think so pooface, like i said i love my samsung galaxy s, the battery life is alot better than the desire too

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Might be worth waiting for the Google Nexus S...

Code:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11930190
    It's based on the Galaxy S, but has android 2.3 inbuilt...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (07-12-10)

jjp2701
    ohh that will be a good one then

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    @ Poo, is your HTC on orange? Do they add their poxy customisations to the rom? Still making my mind up on this.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast