Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vu+ Solo Red Light

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Unless something has changed recently the Vu+ utility application for flashing via a serial port only works with .NFI format images and ALL image teams stopped producing those years ago, the last one ViX did was in the 1.xx series images nearly 4 years ago.
    From what I can gather this is still the case, although ther newest version of Vu+ Util can supposedly read .zip files but the image inside ther .zip archive still has to be a .NFI image and only Vu+ them selves have images in this format these days.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    sometimes old skool is best
    Last time I flashed a box by a RS232 null modem cable it took over 40 minutes (DM 7020)
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    and you loved every momemt of it lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    and you loved every momemt of it lol
    yeah so much so that the thing is in it's box on top of a wardrobe and has been for about 4 years.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Just an update on my red light solo. I found 2 blown capacitors on the psu board. The box has been getting quite warm over the past few months. This would have caused the capacitors to dry up and fail, so i was told. I removed the psu board and asked a local tv repair company to replace the 2 blown capacitors. They did the job in under 5 min. Came home and put the box back together and it came back to life. The box also seems to be a lot more quicker to respond to the remote.

Thanks for all the help.

Also its good to see the site back up & running again. Well done to all involved in running a fantastic site.

Gav.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gav For This Useful Post:

cactikid (01-03-15),Larry-G (26-02-15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12