Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zgemma star 2 s ??

Gindo

zgemma star 2 s ??

Hi ,Can someone tell me if the receiver above is any good ?? if not why and if so then whats the best place to buy and is the open vix the best firmware ??
    Cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    sorry but we dont support these illegal clones here, any image purporting to be from ViX for these receivers is a unofficially created clone image designed to con users into buying hardware with the false promise of ViX support.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Gindo
    Hi , ok sorry for that im still learning and can only apologize plz delete my post if its not allowed
    Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you have nothing to apologize for, unfortunately there are way too many companies producing sub standard hardware with fake ViX images to con users into thinking they will get real ViX support. I would rather you come here first and ask than come back later after being conned into buying one of these.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

cactikid (08-02-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    research anything before you buy and if it says original check again. lovely copies

plenty of better boxes here

Gindo
    Hi ,Thanks for the warning , So whats the best box with a similar set up as sly ie record while watching another channel and not too expensive , ive got a openbox v5s which is very basic and the EPG is crap.
    Cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gindo View Post
    Hi ,Thanks for the warning , So whats the best box with a similar set up as sly ie record while watching another channel and not too expensive , ive got a openbox v5s which is very basic and the EPG is crap.
    Cheers
    All enigma2 receivers will do what you want, price wise they can vary but if you only want a single tuner receiver have a look at the Vu+ zero or the TM Nano SE.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...ate-TM-Nano-SE

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...u/VU-Plus-Zero

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (09-02-15)

Gindo
    Thanks again phoenix but im after a twin tuner receiver prefer internal hard drive so I can record for the mrs programmes . not looking to spend too much just in case things develop from sly
    Cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

zgemma star 2 s ??

There are plenty twin tuner receivers available from the sponsor but you won't get any original receiver for under £100.

so it's time to way up your options and decide if you want to go for a cheap receiver that has undergone no safety checks and has zero warranty, or one with the full battery of legal safety checks, full warranty support and you never have to worry about flashing a image that could potentially kill your receiver as you do with clones.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Gindo
    Hi phoenix, So how much are we talking ?? and whats the best skin like sly?? Also whats the easiest one to set up (plug and play ).
    Thanks Again .

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All enigma2 receivers are pretty much the same setup wise, for the sky skin there is the Blue HD skin as for prices look on the sponsors site www.world-of-satellite.co.uk

SIMPLES.

Gindo
    phoenix thanks for all your info and knowledge I will look on sponsor site and then decide which way forward
    Thanks Again

Title
    Thanks
    I had one of these boxes it lasted me about a month now it's stuck in continual boot so instead of getting it fixed I put it on eBay as it was an opportunity to get myself a better box, I've gone for the tm nano 3t which will hopefully last longer.

Title
    Thanks
    From what I have read these boxes are not clone nor illegle So why do you condemn them as such? Or is it because of the price?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ianb View Post
    From what I have read these boxes are not clone nor illegle So why do you condemn them as such? Or is it because of the price?
    Leopard does not change its spots, same manufacturer behind these and other clones, will never be supported by ViX.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast