Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: XBMC Plugin

Title
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention, I was looking at xbmc as I wanted a way of getting Netflix. From what I can ascertain, Netflix on Python isn't available. I was hopeful to find it on Kodi, but no.

I have found a 'not ideal' solution for Netflix, until I find a better one. I have an android box so I switch to that and run the Netflix app from that. I imagined installing XMBC would allow me to get me all the xmbc addons too - alas not not unless you know something I don't)

Also, if you have time can you tell me if there are additional Kodi extensions that work on a solo2 other than those listed in "get more..."

cheers, and sorry for the long one
    Last edited by orange1234; 07-03-15 at 16:08.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try installing a custom build or install wizard from one of the unofficial Kodi support forums, I have listed a couple earlier in this thread, I'm sure you will find the addons you desire.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange1234 View Post
    I forgot to mention, I was looking at xbmc as I wanted a way of getting Netflix. From what I can ascertain, Netflix on Python isn't available. I was hopeful to find it on Kodi, but no.

I have found a 'not ideal' solution for Netflix, until I find a better one. I have an android box so I switch to that and run the Netflix app from that. I imagined installing XMBC would allow me to get me all the xmbc addons too - alas not not unless you know something I don't)

Also, if you have time can you tell me if there are additional Kodi extensions that work on a solo2 other than those listed in "get more..."

cheers, and sorry for the long one
    Personally I gave up on XBMC / KODI on the Solo2 and bought a Amazon fire TV box instead for £66, Don't get me wrong I am not poo pooing Vu's attempt but it's just not mature enough for my liking, plus I can run Netflix on the fire tv box perfectly where as there is way to run Netflix on a Solo2, KODI or not.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Phoenix, having played with the VU+ extensions, xmbc, Kodi, TS Media for 2 weeks I have come to the same concision that what it does best is satellite TV. I think I may uninstall everything else and just use it for TV.

The amount of times I have installed an extension only for it to crash is ridiculous, then having to revert to a backup (which may or may not have the recordings I have set up on the EPG). I have to keep remembering to do a backup first BEFORE I install any plugin. It's all to wobbly for me, and IMO should not be on the build unless it's as stable as the TV side.

Phoenix, can you get 1Channel iStream and Solar etc on the Amazon Fire?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Phoenix, having played with the VU+ extensions, xmbc, Kodi, TS Media for 2 weeks I have come to the same concision that what it does best is satellite TV.
    Well thats what a lot of people tend to forget, it's a satellite receiver regardless of what sales speil the manufacturer adds on the box, it's a satellite receiver. every thing else should be considered as a bonus.

Phoenix, can you get 1Channel iStream and Solar etc on the Amazon Fire?
    To be honest I have not used any of them but you should be able to install them via KODI as KODI is fully supported on the fire TV box by the "side loading" method.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Pheonix

Just found this how to video of how to install xbmc / Kodi on the Amazon Fire in case anyone else is going down the same route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SCsH86MYl8

7. The Following User Says Thank You to orange1234 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (11-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Does anyone know the function of XBMC addon which is in the current plugin downloads. Is it designed to work independent or within XBMC, does not seem to do anything?
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    I have KodiDirect installed on my Solo2 and it works great. Channel1, Genesis, BBC iplayer etc.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psionguy View Post
    Does anyone know the function of XBMC addon which is in the current plugin downloads. Is it designed to work independent or within XBMC, does not seem to do anything?
    Which one exactly ?. If you have a Vu+ soloSE, Solo2 or Duo2 use the official XBMC plugin from Vu+ which is in the feeds for those receivers, for every thing else you can try the KODI direct plugin but I have no experience with that plugin.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Using a duo 2 and using xbmc, but noticed xbmc addon in the download section and wondered what it did?
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    The xmbc plugin crashes my solo2, so I de installed it. XMBC has recently been rebranded to KODI so I suggest installing KODI instead.

Although there about a dozen or so addons that can be installed within Kodi, they don't seem to perform as well (at present) as they do on xmbc versions on android.

TS Media has lots of xmbx addons built in too, quite a few such as solar movies, that that aren't available on Kodi. Hope that helps

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orange1234 For This Useful Post:

psionguy (03-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Go into the plugins section then hit the red button and see if it's listed as available to remove. I have flashed my own solo2 dozens of times this last few weeks and XBMC was always listed in the feeds to install.

Hi.

Where do I find the 142 plugin for vu-duo2 and do I flash it same way as the vix software etc?

Thanks in advance

romdut
    Quote Originally Posted by sataday View Post
    I have KodiDirect installed on my Solo2 and it works great. Channel1, Genesis, BBC iplayer etc.
    I have solo2 also and kodi installed - cant seem to add/install genesis though for some reason, although it works on the laptop so it cant be my ISP

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkiwi View Post
    Hi.

Where do I find the 142 plugin for vu-duo2 and do I flash it same way as the vix software etc?

Thanks in advance
    Build 142 is for the VIX Image and not the plugin itself.

Title
    Thanks
    I am very new to this but I have purchased a vu+duo2 which I am very happy with but it seems to struggle with free apps such as itv player 4od and iplayer, I have installed through xbmc, can anyone tell me if I'm missing something, many thanks mike, p.s. I apologise if this question is in the wrong place as I am new 😧

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast