Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: XBMC Plugin

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thisntaht View Post
    I have had the exact same problems, There seem to be workarounds for some people but overall its just not a very stable plugin yet.
    Personally I would have preferred Vu+ to have waited until they had a more stable, working plugin instead of releasing a beta just for bragging rites of being first.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Prioryman
    Tried it nothing worked kept crashing - on VU+ Solo2. Pity.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prioryman View Post
    Tried it nothing worked kept crashing - on VU+ Solo2. Pity.
    It works fine for me on my solo2 but it is still a very buggy beta release from Vu+ and they could have done a lot better as this first impression i am sure will turn a lot of users away from using it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So I got my mkvs to work from my nas by mounting in vix first then adding them in the plugin via root file system, and I realised I had totally wasted my time... The reason I don't use my vu boxes for Mkv playback is they stretch letterbox films to full screen totally ruining the aspect ratio, really VU, you should have fixed that bug before you tried to rape what is a very good media player.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    for me it works quite stable. Vu did not release anything. It was an image team who got some beta images from VU. XBMC was hidden in the git so donīt blame VU. I think it is still not in the images on code.vuplus.com.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

duoduo (11-02-15),Ureyesonly (11-02-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well the beta team need to get a driver from Vu that can correctly playback 1920x800 then.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For anyone wanting a quick fix for commands missing from the vu remote in xbmc download Yaste for your phone or tablet and use that when using xbmc.

I use Xbmc on my Android box, Minix Neo X8h and on raspberry pi and Windows and have been having a play on my Duo2 today
    Getting the same no sound on some streams that others have reported .
    Installed Istream but some of the dependicies are not met and some stuff not appearing that are on my other versions.
    CartoonHD works great (both)

For a Beta its great but if you really want XBMC/Kodi for reasons most people do then I would go for a dedicated box.

I use very few plugins on my DUO2 and Solo2, I just watch tv lol but get very few crashes by just using it for the main thing it is built for.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not just for most reasons, how about just watching movies with the correct aspect ratio... A basic requirement for a media player really.

Title
    Thanks
    Got it working on solo 2 with my nas and can now play movies and mp3. However when playing mp3 can't find a way to stop and get back to menu. pressing stop causes menu to flash up but it immediately moves on to next track. Anyone got any suggestions

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Koj View Post
    Got it working on solo 2 with my nas and can now play movies and mp3. However when playing mp3 can't find a way to stop and get back to menu. pressing stop causes menu to flash up but it immediately moves on to next track. Anyone got any suggestions
    I disabled auto play next song in XMBC setup to get passed this issue.

As it is beta, this i9n one of the issues i also noticed
    Think its due to the fact xmbc uses e2 player instead of internal DVD player of xmbc and conflicts with settings somehow
    Last edited by Delagroov; 13-02-15 at 19:30.
    Vu+ Solo2 , Gigablue UHD Trio4k+500GB
    Astra 1,2,3
    Samsung 55Q67R 4k TV
    Logitech Harmony Elite, Harmony Touch

Title
    Thanks
    has any one managed to find the iptv simple client.

Title
    Thanks
    Try installing genesis or phoenix

Title
    Thanks
    VU+ solo2 running latest Vix

Has Kodi been removed from plugins? It was there at 12 o'clock today (7 March 2015) and now it's disappeared

Now when I go to download plugins/extensions - it's not even listed?

The message that comes up is "Some plugins are not available: Extensions/KodiDirect('skinres')

Also, is there an a list / explanation as to what each of the extension do? Can someone point me to where I'd find that please. I installed XMBC last week only to find it crashed it. Thanks.
    Last edited by orange1234; 07-03-15 at 15:09.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No it has not been removed from the plugins, but for you to get that error suggests you have tried to uninstall something which may have corrupted the plugin and as the receiver still detects it as being installed you wont see it in the downloads. as for the official XBMC plugin from Vu+, that is still a beta and closed source so nothing much we can do about it really.

That said I do have XBMC installed on my Solo2 with ViX and it works fine for me, no crashes.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Phoenix, Because of what you said I've backtracked and I've reverted to the previous software backup image, and now Kodi is back.

I think I know what I did to cause it. I tried to install a plugin within Kodi, that looked interesting. Kodi/Get more...IPTV / mystreamTV (I think it was that one)

It downloaded a software update and I installed it - after which MystreamTV never appeared and Kodi disappeared. I thought I'd post that in case anyone else gets curious about the MystreamTV extension.

Phoenix do you know if there is there a list anywhere explaining what all the extensions are and what they do? Curiosity sometimes gets the better of me so having a list of what they all do and if they are of any use would be a great resource.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast