Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v1.3 - 05/12/2010

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v1.3 - 05/12/2010

New VIX Image - v1.3
    04/12/2010 - OE1.6

From VIX Team

Based on Official 5.4 Image

Enigma: 16-11-2010-experimental.
    Enigma Plugins: 16-11-2010.
    GCC Version: 4.4.3.
    Drivers: 20101203

Sorry for all delays with this image, just wanted to ensure all working fine Hopefully we've removed most problems

Also, due to the image differences in original 5.3 and 5.4, an online update to VIX 1.3 will not be possible. A full flash will be required. Sorry guys...

Team VIX Enhancements

All the same Enhancements as the previous image, along with some extra enhancements, as listed below...

New Enhancements in v1.3

• VIX Duo 1.3 Bootlogos, Radio Logos and Shutdown Logos.
    • New VIX Spinner icon.
    • Softcam slightly rewritten - This was to remove the bug of CCcam crashing when using the Autostart feature. This was due to the way the check to ensure CCcam was running was working.
    • Major rewritten core code to help with stability and memory issues that were in previous v1.1 build.
    • Movie list has been re-written to allow threading - This is only used if you use more than one storage device/partition. Previously, if moving a file from one drive to another, the box would be frozen whilst the movie was moved. Now, the move happens in the background allowing you to carry on using your box. NB, only one move/delete will be allowed to happen at any one time. the button labels will go blank whilst the file action is in progress, moving through the movie list checks the progress, so you can then move another recording.
    • VIX Cron Manager Added - There is now a front-end in the VIX Menu to allow you to add cronjobs. This is only a basic add which will run a certain command at a certain time everyday. If you want a more advanced cronjob added, you will need to manually edit the root file in /etc/cron/crontabs
    • VIX-EPG - This is a simpler, faster version of CoolTVGuide, modified for the image. In our tests, this is faster than CoolTVGuide. If you still wish to use CoolTVGuide, you can install it from our feeds and you will need to edit the setting in the VIX Menu.
    • VIX QuickEPG - This is VIXs' version of QuickZap. You can see the full epg data for the channel, not just now and next. Picons work within QuickEPG. You can change channels using the left/right keys or by keying the channel number, zap to a channel using OK, use up/down to scroll through the epg list an event at a time, or use channel +/- to scroll 2 at a time. By default, QuickEPG is entered by left/right. This can be changed in the VIX Menu Settings.
    • NFS Server added to image and set to run automatically - To edit the folders you wish to share, you will need to edit file /etc/exports.
    • OpenVPN added to image - This will need to be configured to your need first then use the manager to setup to autostart. The team have never used this, so it still needs testing, if you find any bugs supply a config file that we can use to test it with.
    • Autosleep function added to VIX Menu - This allows you to automatically put the box to sleep at your chosen time. If for any reason you are still watching tv when box tries to go to sleep (e.g. you decided to stay up late to watch a film or something ), you can choose to cancel the sleep, and it will retry sleep at intervals set by you.
    • VIX Network Manager added to VIX Menu - This allows you to stop and start certain network features. The features you can stop/start are: FTP, NFS, VPN, Samba and Telnet.
    • Subserivice Option - This option allows you to assign the Subservice shortcut to a long green press. To change this option, go to VIX Menu -> VIX Setup.
    • Softcam Manager added to extensions menu (short blue).
    • VIX Menu added to extensions menu (short blue).
    • Crossepg updated to latest version (svn 152) - This version allows download of rytec sources, as well as XEPGDB (hosted by krkaddoni) sources. XEPGDB is a new epg format, and seems much faster in testing See bug list below
    • CCcam 2.2.0 & 2.2.1 added to feeds - This will allow the ECM times to work correctly in the image

Bug Fixes in v1.3

• Softcam manager crashed while checking to ensure CCcam was running - An interim fix for this was to ensure a swap file was running. This is not now required due to modifications of Softcam Manager.
    • IMDB Plugin not working correctly - Plugin has been updated in new versions of enigma
    • ECM Timings in CCcam - This is only fixed if you are using CCcam 2.2.0. If you are using this version of CCcam, then the ECM timings will be shown. If you are using an earlier version of CCcam, then you will not get anything showing in regards to ECM times. See screenshots below of second infobar as to where it will be shown.

Button Mappings

• Short Red - Show current event info.
    • Long Red - Show current channel EPG.
    • Short Green - Timers.
    • Long Green - AutoTimer Timers.
    • Short Yellow - EPG Search.
    • Long Yellow - IMDB Database.
    • Short Blue - Extensions.
    • Long Blue - Plugins Menu.
    • EPG - Opens VIX EPG.
    • Left/Right - Opens VIX QuickEPG.

Known Bugs

• Crossepg - There has been a bug that the team has found with this version, where the box does not necessarily listen to your requests (i.e. once a day at 4am for example), and randomly downloads data. To try overcome this a little, we have put a check in to ensure that it will only download randomly when the box is in standby.
    • Motor moving image does not display - Problem with main driver, reported to VU+.
    • Front VFD display showing the play button at the end of a video unless it is stopped manually - Problem with main driver, reported to VU+.
    • Installing other skins may cause the box to get into an infinite loop. Only skins in the feed are tested and recommended by us. If you want to use other skins, you will need to use OE1.6 skins (i.e. those created for VTI 2.0 or later), and may need adapting for the image (espcially in terms of the CCcam info displaying on the second info bar)..

Special thanks to the following members:

rytec - for his continued support.
    CoolMan - for his CoolTVGuide plugin.
    silverfox0786 - for his bootlogos.
    irshchris - for testing sundtek drivers

Screenshots

Starting:

Starting Enigma 2:

Radio:

Shutting Down:

VIX Spinner:

About Screen:

VIX Menu:

VIX Setup:

AutoStandby Setup:

Cron Manager:

Extensions Menu:

VIX Network:

CrossEPG Menu:

Recordings Movie List:

VIX EPG:

QuickEPG:

Standard Info Bar:

Second Info Bar:

Downloads

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...1.3-04-12-2010

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE DO A SOFTWARE UPDATE, BEFORE POSTING ABOUT BUGS!!!!
    Also check this thread for updates as to what has been fixed.
    Last edited by pooface; 06-12-10 at 17:18.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

2. The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

a.sarı (05-12-10),acco (06-12-10),advisor (11-01-11),andrew999uk (05-12-10),art (06-12-10),bassethound (05-12-10),beagooner (07-12-10),bhoywonder1967 (05-12-10),BigBird_UK (06-12-10),Blu-ray (05-12-10),bobonthejob (05-12-10),bryen (06-12-10),catseye (05-12-10),cbr900 (05-12-10),compufunk (05-12-10),Creatura (10-12-10),danishdude (14-12-10),danop (06-12-10),Diablo13 (24-12-10),dimvn (10-12-10),DrProzac (05-12-10),elgeneral (05-12-10),Foxylady (08-12-10),frank (05-12-10),G4TKR (06-12-10),givecredit (05-12-10),harryoz (05-12-10),jareks49 (05-12-10),Larry-G (05-12-10),lussac (16-05-16),Mart (05-12-10),martins (06-12-10),marty (05-12-10),mase2hot (08-12-10),Maxwell (05-12-10),Messi (05-12-10),micscave (05-12-10),MKD (05-12-10),moulai (20-01-11),Mr. Mister (05-12-10),nzdream (03-01-11),ozzy30 (01-01-11),Palinkat (05-12-10),pege63 (05-12-10),raikkok (05-12-10),RogerThis (05-12-10),runeost (06-12-10),Sat49 (05-12-10),Sicilian (05-12-10),smaxy (05-12-10),Stanman (05-12-10),stuattravs (05-12-10),systemlinuxs (03-01-11),ToMaJo (06-12-10),tomhick02 (15-12-10),vu-duo-user (06-12-10),ynwa (05-12-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    muchas gracias matey. should put a stop to a\ll those wining sods asking for a release date.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    happy sunday

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Will the GhostHD and sumiponepka plugins which worked on 1.2 work with this image?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Santas early great job guys gonna flash now
    roll on 1.4

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Another superb job well done special thanks to Andy and thanks to all the team.

Just one question though - when will VIX 1.4 be released
    (sorry couldn't resist )

Title
    Thanks
    Well I can see I have a great deal to learn, because I have just read the previous posts and understood absolutely nothing. Is there a satellite for dummies book in fact for oldish dummies would be better

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    muchas gracias matey. should put a stop to a\ll those wining sods asking for a release date.
    When will 1.4 be released? LOL
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you to all involved in making and releasing this image, much appreciated, going to do my install shortly

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for this, notice this version now supports the Freesat epg, nice one

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Hi Andy & Sic..

Absolutly excellent.. The easiest ever to install..

Everything perfect.. and only offline for 5 mins.. and everything up and running..

Going now to install V1.3 on all my other duo`s now..

Thank you so much..

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

bassethound (05-12-10),harryoz (05-12-10),Larry-G (05-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dvbuk55 View Post
    Well I can see I have a great deal to learn, because I have just read the previous posts and understood absolutely nothing. Is there a satellite for dummies book in fact for oldish dummies would be better
    You are in the right place to start asking questions that all of us had to go through. It's only easy when you know how.

Title
    Thanks
    yeahh Thanks for your great jobs

Title
    Thanks
    exellent.......thanks vix team ..........

Title
    Thanks
    For some reason the Cccam download is not in plugins? can someone tell me where i can download please

Edit, did software update found one update, installed reboted and now cams there.Like the new changes already.
    It's like getting a new toy for xmas lol

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast