Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New Picons Help

Title
    Thanks

New Picons Help

Hi guys, i want to change my picons but as i'm using an old image i cant download them from the plug in feeds. I've downloaded them from this thread and ftp'd my duo and in my current picon folder there is file such as .Thumbnails, Radio , TV and loads of png files.

Do i just delete the whole picon file and replace? or do i just delete all the png files and replace those?

I've noticed the picons ive downloaded from this tread only have png files, so do i leave the .Thumbnails, Radio , TV and replace the pngs with the ones ive got from this thread ?

Thanks guys.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Backup your existing picon folder then delete the one from the receiver and FTP the new one into replace it. Then reboot the GUI.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Phoenix i've done that. when you mean reeboot the GUI, does that mean turn the box of and reboot it?

Thanks,

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kris07 View Post
    Thanks Phoenix i've done that. when you mean reeboot the GUI, does that mean turn the box of and reboot it?

Thanks,
    The GUI (Graphical user Interface) or enigma. so in the power options select reboot enigma, thats it job done.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Its not having it at all. ive backed up my old picons and they work but when i copy the new picons on to my box and update GUI i have no picons at all.

Is it something to do with the files in the new picon folder? as there is only png files, and in my old folder i have .Thumbnails, Radio , TV and loads of png files.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You dont need all those other folders all you need are the .png files, but if you are running a old image as you say then you will not be able to use the newer SNP format picons because you image does not know what to do with them. you will need to get a picon pack that still uses the service reference ID not the newer SNP ones.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, i think i'm going to have to get the new build, even though i'm happy with his one

thanks for the help

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kris07 View Post
    Ok, i think i'm going to have to get the new build, even though i'm happy with his one

thanks for the help
    Thats the problem with staying on old builds for a long time, new features and updates are for the most part not backwards compatible.

SIMPLES.