Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver

Title
    Thanks

Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver

I'm in the market for a twin tuner receiver an forum sponsor is selling this for 169. I've not used a techno mate before as I've had the vu solo and solo 2. Wanted to get thoughts on how good it is and if anyone else uses them. Are they reliable and I assume the vix image will run the same on them.
    Oh and can you use a 3.5 inch hdd inside it

Thanks in advance

Bart

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You can only use a 2.5 hdd
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bartjunited (28-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Ta

Any thoughts about the box

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Personally I realy like mine, its as fast as the solo2 but then again it should be as it's based on the solo2. It's smaller than the solo2 and has no display just two LED's but I like that about it too. My only niggle was that my cooling fan became very noisy after about 6 months so I just took the one out of my TM Nano instead, but it's not needed if you dont have a HDD fitted.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bartjunited (28-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that
    I would be happy to go with your recommendation as you clearly know your stuff.
    The box won't be as heavily used as my solo as it's for my brother
    As I'll have to support it I just need to know it's reliable and we can use the same vix image . Does it come with fittings for a hdd or do I have to get anything extra.

Final q I've a dual lnb and need 3 feeds, 2 fir the twin tuner and 1 for another box, could I use a konig splitter to split 1 of the lnb feeds for the twin tuner box

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Yes it runs ViX but dont try flashing the Solo image to any thing but a solo, use the correct image for your receiver, if you know how to setup ViX on one box the same applies to any other we support.

I am not sure if the HDD fittings come included with the Nano2 super, I know they did not with the Nano OE, instaed you had to be purchase them separately, the sponsor will be able to clarify that if you ask him.

as for splitting satellite feeds, no its not possible to do that, so you will need to fit larger capacity LNB I have two Octo LNB's on my sky dishes at home providing 8 feeds each for my satellites.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.