Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Solo2 - using an official Sky card, what CCCam and what slot

Title
    Thanks

Solo2 - using an official Sky card, what CCCam and what slot

HI guys,

A quick post which may help some Solo2 users using official S&y cards.

I have been happily using 2xDuo's for over 7 years now and decided its time to update so I bought myself new new Solo2's. I had been using CCCam 2.2.1 with box key generated all working fine for both with the card chip faced down in the top slot - never had a problem. The images were regularly updated at least every week [non-HD VIX].

I had been my official S&y cards in both units then to my dismay when I transferred the cccam settings which had been working for years - it didn't work.

I tried the card upside down, in each slot, using different cams and nothing worked. Popped the cards back into my Duo's and works straight away.

##problem 1 fixed - using the correct CCCam ##
    Couldn't find anything on any forums at all except for one item which mentioned that CCCam 2.2.1 will now shows entitlements on CCCam settings. I check this on my Duo and I could clearly see the entitlements for the card with 2 slots available - even with the card NOT inserted. i checked the Solo2 and there was no entitlement information at all. So i uninstalled CCCam 2.2.1v3 and installed CCCam 2.3v2, rebooted the Solo2 and then the entitlements appeared

##problem 2 fixed - using the correct card slot ##
    So now I couldn't see the slows I put the cad into the to slot thinking this was sci0 - I was wrong, nothing happened. So I changed the box emu from sci0 to sci1 and whalla! entitlements for the cards appeared until sc1 on CCCam.I changed the sci1 back to sci0 then swapped the card to the lower slot and entitlements appeared in CCCam under sci0 - so in contradiction to the slot setup for solo & Duo, the Solo2 slots are reversed [that is unless something in the image is detecting this incorrectly]. In summary, sci0 is at the bottom, sci1 at the top.

Hope this helps someone. Please feel free to correct me if my finding are inaccurate.

Best regards
    tagteam

Title
    Thanks
    The standard protocol is that sci0 is the top slot. I suspect a problem with CCcam.

There have been quite a few posts recently saying there are problems using anything other than CCcam 2.3.0 on ViX images.

It's time that everyone learns how to uses OScam.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    The standard protocol is that sci0 is the top slot. I suspect a problem with CCcam.

There have been quite a few posts recently saying there are problems using anything other than CCcam 2.3.0 on ViX images.

It's time that everyone learns how to uses OScam.
    There is nothing wrong with CCcam I still use it regularly, but as you pointed out for some as yet unknown reason you must now use v2.30 on any image built from the OE-A 2.3 core (that's the same for all images not just ViX)
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    There is nothing wrong with CCcam I still use it regularly, but as you pointed out for some as yet unknown reason you must now use v2.30 on any image built from the OE-A 2.3 core (that's the same for all images not just ViX)
    You have avoided the question posed by the OP. Why does the OP's CCcam info show the lower slot under sci0 ?

I don't know the answer, I just suggested that the OP checks the CCcam installation. I would be interested in what you think is cause of the problem.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    You have avoided the question posed by the OP. Why does the OP's CCcam info show the lower slot under sci0 ?

I don't know the answer, I just suggested that the OP checks the CCcam installation. I would be interested in what you think is cause of the problem.
    I have not avoided any thing, I simply stated that CCcam still works fine for me and the problem with older versions is known and affects multiple images not just ViX.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    /dev/sci0 = top slot & /dev/sci1 = bottom slot on my Solo2. Both working as expected.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 885 Posts
    Opposite on my Quad Plus - bottom slot seems to be the default using cccam. This is using a blank config file.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Opposite on my Quad Plus - bottom slot seems to be the default using cccam.
    The /dev/sci0 = top slot & /dev/sci1 for top and bottom can be reversed on other hardware.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (19-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the replies chaps,

something of interest which i have just noticed. If i set my box key to sci0 or sci1, it doesn't matter which slot I put it into now, it still works fine.

But definitely cc2.3v2 is the only which shows entitlements on cccaminfo and the sc1 on entitlement shows the card in top slot. I don't see anything on VIX image which allow me to swap the sci0 to top slot

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I always used the top slot with my sky card when I used it in the solo2 with CCcam or Oscam.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is a example of the CCcam.cfg file I used minus my details of course.

Code:
    SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
    ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
    ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
    WEBINFO USERNAME :root
    WEBINFO PASSWORD :########
    TELNETINFO USERNAME :root
    TELNETINFO PASSWORD :########
    TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
    WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
    ZAP OSD TIME :0
    OSD USERNAME :root
    OSD PASSWORD :########
    OSD PORT :80
    SHOW TIMING : yes
    DEBUG : no
    NEWCAMD CONF : no
    #DISABLE EMM : yes
    #EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes
    SHOW EXTENEDED CLIENT INFO : yes
    MINI OSD : no
    #MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1
    CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
    PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
    CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio
    LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt 
    SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
    AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
    #STATIC CW FILE : /var/keys/constant.cw
    #BOXKEY : /dev/sci1 ########
    #BOXKEY : /dev/sci0 ########
    #SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 6800000

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

tagteam3283 (29-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 885 Posts
    Mine is empty - no boxkey - no nothing. Works fine on all SD channels on my SKY sub card (non-HD sub).
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

tagteam3283 (29-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Tony r u saying your official sky card works without any boxkey in the cam file?

Phoenix, any chance of a breakdown of the what those individual lines are in your cam file please?

Also , every now and then i will get a stutter on the service, any idea what this is - will changing the smartcard frequency improve this any?
    Last edited by tagteam3283; 29-12-14 at 10:58.

Title
    Thanks
    Stuttering on an official card is not possible. I suspect you have ECMs coming from another source you haven't told us about.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    LOL you say it, I think it......

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.